Chapter 01- The first meeting

Sunday is one of the days that enclose the family union again, whereas it was a distinct one for one girl. ‘I don’t feel to go to the mass today, darling!’ her mother uttered, depressively. ‘Why is that mom? I even got dressed! And you just…’ she said. ‘It’s been years we have facing this tensioned pressure, but still no relief! Even God doesn’t listen to our prayers… What can I…?’ a grieving mother wept over the shoulder of her daughter. She consoled her with her unwavering faith, ‘God…! Mother, God has answers for our prayers! One day things will change…’ Without her mother’s presence she decided to go to church. Every family has a setback; likewise her family was experiencing the same, but only financially.

And it was one of those Sundays that families gathered together under one roof at the Hillsong Church. ‘Mom, I told you I can’t…’ groaned a young-handsome boy of age about 24 years unwilling to enter the church just like a kindergarten kid refusing to enter school for the first time. ‘Keep shut and join the mass!’ his mother insisted, forcefully. During the middle of the holy mass, the good news read as follows: ‘God will shine his light on us and when we ask, He will help us get through the hard times. If you happen to be struggling today, or if you know someone who may be struggling, then you have come to the right place for healing. Isaiah 55:6 - Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near…..’ Those faithful-divine words clasped the flesh of her unsteady mind; encouraging her to believe more, and to never give up. After the ending of the mass, the guy who resisted participation before noticed a girl doing a pleasing act which seemed to be odd to him.

He noticed her lending the loaf of burger which she bought at the nick of time for breakfast; sharing it with a poor person sitting beside a bush playing music along with his pet dog. It was that person’s only way of earning: by playing his music. ‘You can buy yourself some food, here…’ she lent her only available few dollars to the poor man. Actually, the burger she has bought is for her, but she was sensitive for the animal’s hunger rather than hers and selflessly shared what she had… ‘Strange!’ the observer thought himself, as he got in to the car. The girl went home straight away and took her canine for a walk in the beach. ‘Mom, stop the car!’ he demanded which is exactly near the same destination that girl is heading: the beach. Though, he did not know anything about her arrival, it was spontaneous.

‘But, suddenly why son?’ his mother questioned, confused. ‘It’s just I wanna meet some of my besties mom!’ he replied, cheekily. ‘Hmm… You have to reduce your company of friends!’ she warned and allowed him to go. Not a single friend of him was there at the beach, but it was a planned date of his. ‘Hey… I was on time!’

‘Huh… You know what? I think we must rest now!’ the girl (mentioned before) talked to her pet, sitting down. She stared at the unsteady ocean waves, ‘nothing’s unsteady!’ she whispered. She caught the sight of the guy whom was enjoying himself together, ‘all they know is “fun” and nothing beyond. Wasters!’ she declared, repellently. ‘Come on love, let’s go,’ she commanded her dog and walked away, running around. That boy just turned and saw a distant view of that girl playing with her dog on the way, though he did not recognized it was the same girl he saw after church and yet he felt doubtful whether it is really her or not. He stared dubiously, distracted from the others.

It was a bright sunny Monday morning… Sun rays blazed over the greenish leaves and penetrated towards the wet grounds; drying the west coast of the United States wholly. Whilst it is the morning, as usual scholars were hurrying on their way to colleges eagerly just finished their holidays. And there was a girl in Carte Blanche School searching for her new class. As this is a recognized social school, social class system was indeed important in it; especially among students.

“Where’s my class? Ah… Why couldn’t they’ve just unchanged our former class!” murmured Adara. The college started after a 3 weeks’ holiday which means everyone is rushing here and there; meeting friends; sharing their news; exam results and all those things teens used to talk and do about, although this girl kept searching for her class for the very first moment she entered to the college.