Chapter 03- The savior

Mrs. Mell overreacted for what Adara revealed, ‘what have you done Adara? I’ve told you not to- “NEVER” involve in any struggle with those rich big-heads- in which you’ve never been involved before!’ she warned her in every word; she was frightened thinking about what will the result be like, ‘I do not recommend you being against with those upper class students, I’ve warned you during the first day!’ Adara did not opened her mouth until her mother is fully relaxed, though she is not still, ‘you know how uneasy it was to let you study in that school as it is not just a school; half of the expenses are for you! And you’re gonna lose it all because of just a little thing?’ Mrs. Mell talking non-stop as all mothers does, but they’re all right as the perfect mother knows what are best for her child, although she blames she means it for the child’s goodness. Adara knew this, meticulously because she has undergone and learnt it before; she kept quiet and opened up after her mother was calmed, ‘I understand mom, I should have remembered what you said, but I had no choice!’ she comforted her mother, ‘and it’s not a struggle- not even close! It’s just you know__ mom!’ she exaggerated, ‘I won’t let that happen again!’ she affirmed, finally. ‘You are always my good girl, baby!’ Mrs. Mell said as she hugged her tight, ‘and I know you’ll never let any black marks get on you being a student!’ Of course Adara could have applied for a scholarship, though it is difficult due to the limited number of scholarships they give and considering the brightest students, thus Adara worked harder everyday and fought with effort to reach to the highest goal from her ‘higher’ goal.

             Adara wanted to sleep beneath the warmth of the dim sun glowing at dawn, but she could not as she and every single girl and boy must wake up to go to school. Every child tends to sleep and hate to get up; curling up under the blanket just like baby squirrels. As usual, the day commenced…

             Now it is the morning and everybody is still gathering around. Adara went to the corridor and stood watching the gateway; waiting to see her friends coming around. There she saw Celos. He was walking with his head low, clutching one of the straps of his bag. His brown hair shone brightly when the sun drops penetrated onto his head. Adara kept glaring at his walk; thinking that she must pretend like there was no yesterday scene and Celos raised his head, suddenly; looking up towards Adara. He did not smile, though he walked as usual. “Mr. Bully!” thought Adara. Celos stepped up the staircase and came along the hallway to enter his classroom. Adara saw the vision of Celos heading in the corner of her eyes, she was slightly nervous whether he would drag her concentration back to a rival due to yesterday’s incident, but unexpectedly Celos did not even gave turn to her; he walked straight, watched straight and just turned to his class. She was confused, but on the other hand- very happy. She thought he has full stopped it, nonetheless she was wrong. Just in case, there is a quote that: ‘things do not always go on the way you expect since this is life.’

             During a free period Adara thought of going to the library. She is kind of the book girl: always grab a book and ready to dive into it. “Are you coming with me to go to the library?” asked Adara, suspiciously-she knows her friend(s) are not much interested in reading. “Nah… I’ve got some work to do! You go ahead and I’ll come as soon as I finish it Ad!” replied Tara. ‘Daily answer of Tara Styles!’ quoted Adara and stepped out of her class.

             Who knew that there would be an obstacle for her to pass on her way! Just like a pack of lions waiting to catch the prey, Celos and his cliché were at the staircase, it was pretty unsure whether they still planned it or it happened coincidentally (again)! Adara did not want to show up her inner temper, though she remained calm as a cloud; reminding her mother’s advise. The library is located on upstairs, though the way was blocked. She ignored and stepped front, but they still blocked. “Excuse me!” commanded Adara with a slight frown, still calmed. “Hey, did somebody talked?” asked Rain (A friend of Celos, always in the mood of helping his stupid works, happy, amiable, tricky, amusing and a stylish one of course) from Celos who was leaning over to the wall in front of the stairs. “Nah…” he replied, but with sign language, smiling cheekily. Although it was Celos’ own plot he did not involved, in fact he wanted to show it is him who rules. “Please, step aside!’ said Adara, patiently.  Zech looked at him. “What??” “I didn’t get it bro!” said Rain, “Zech, as we are the seniors, I suppose we should be a bit harsh to the juniors… or should I say harsher,” and Zech agreed: “guess we need more respect, isn’t it Rain- Especially from these impatient brats!” They both burst out in laughter. Adara was done with this nuisance, for even a cloud has a limited span to stay calm, you never know when it will turn dark. ‘If you both aren’t going to let me go__’ Adara broke off her silence, ‘I might complain both or should I say triple of you to the Principal,’ she gave a warning. Rain and Zech did not take it serious, but Celos gave an alarmed look.

              Before this could go further someone interfered, ‘knock-it-off guys!’ It was Vayn; at the nick of the time he approached and tried to loosen this tied knot as he is one of the members of Celos’ cliché. ‘Ain’t you guys wanna join the game today?’ he diverted the minds of Zech and Rain, but Celos was wholly focused and he saw how Vayn signaled Adara to ‘GO!’ She headed upstairs without much trouble while Celos stared perplexed and angrier, ‘what’s gone in to you?’ he asked harshly. Vayn looked to him, ‘what?’ ‘Don’t try to act like you don’t know Vayn, I saw exactly what you just did now…’ Celos said, Vayn did not lied either acted, albeit he honestly responded, ‘Weren’t you just ashamed of bullying a girl? You’ve never done that! After all, you know the consequences of that, do you? All I wanted was to save you…’ Celos protested him, ‘me or her?’ he asked sharply, ‘I know you’re my best friend Vayn, but you just…’ Celos denied of saying anything and walked away, Vayn tried to stop him, but he did not listened. Celos and Vayn are close friends, well there is a wise saying that: ‘it is the closest friends that become the furthest friends,’ henceforth you cannot always rely on friends, although still there might be good friends that can be there until lifetime. Will that apply to Celos and Vayn or not? What do you think?