Chapter 02- Truth or Dare?

The bell rang again, though this time it is the interval’s one. Celos stepped out of the class and he encountered someone unexpectedly. It is Adara and Celos gave a wry smile towards her, though she ignored. “So is that the great teacher you wanted to teach a better lesson you were mumbling about in the morning Celos?” asked Zech... Celos did not answer, but kept glaring at her. “Come, let’s go! I don’t wanna miss my breakfast in the cafeteria!” said Zech, patting Celos.

Sooner, Celos and his classmates became amiable with Adara’s classmates, except Adara herself. It was fair to be annoying of a girl similar to her, though all are not same as said. The friendship with Adara’s classmates became a vantage to Celos to know information about her. The time passed quickly and the day’s college time is over. Girls and boys were excited to return to their homes except one; Celos Gregg. He did not give up and all those days he acted like a spy of Adara. He was eager to learn more about this strange witty girl. Certainly, he did not realized what this eagerness was a sign of, but still he was on the mission of hurting her.

“Can you please come with me Zech?” asked Celos. “Yeah, sure, but make sure we aren’t getting late!” replied Zech. Zech did not know where his friend was taking him until… “Let’s stay right here…” said Celos. Zech did not liked what he meant, “wait why we are lurking like this? For what?” Zech paused momentarily as he saw a girl from a distant. “Or should I say for whom ah?” and he questioned again. I believe you could imagine who he was talking about. Yes, and that is exactly about Adara!

“Would you please stop talking bro?” commanded Celos. “Now I am the scapegoat! I must help you on your matters and must get yelled too! Fine!” Adara did not saw them as she was hurrying to her horning bus. “Now!” Celos exclaimed and ran towards her as she walked into the entrance way which was more like an alley. Zech followed him. Celos blocked in front of her, fearlessly. She was stopped alarmed. He did not let her go, still blocking her way. “Move!” she insisted. He neglected, ‘nope!’ The school bus was horning, about to drive away. ‘Just move!’ she yelled, pressurized. Celos smiled wry again, ‘say sorry!’ Adara asked: ‘what? I do not want to apologize as I haven’t done anything wrong,’ she was tempered. ‘You disgraced me, but I apologized and you denied so now it’s your turn,’ said Celos.  She seemed to be very patient withstanding his interference and she did not wanted to be apologetic since it is not her fault, she requested humbly and then struggled, but left her no choice, ‘you leave me no choice!’ she exclaimed. Celos answered, ‘clearly!’ ‘I’ve been taught not to cross someone’s path and if someone does cross by purpose- not to back off,’ she advised him, but he laughed and she twitched his leg and made him fall to the ground, instantly and ran away towards the bus and got in to it. Adara did not run because she is afraid, though because she is late.

“Ahh….” Celos yelled, touching his back and wiping the dust off, ‘what sort of a girl is that supposed to be!’ Zech was laughing while helping him, ‘I think it showed up how dare she really is to interfere your way!’ ‘Shut up!’ Celos exclaimed, ‘hope nobody saw this…,’ he was embarrassed.

“He looks familiar…!” Adara kept thinking with her fingers shuddering while Celos kept staring annoyingly from a distant, “No! It’s him__ wasn’t he? He was one of the guys who were bullying that kid! And my book ruin-err! I just messed up with him?” she was slightly frightened, she did not recognized it’s Celos who was in the gang as she was more focused for her book and he was wearing a cap, but that bolted in to her mind after getting involved in this... ‘Huh, why should I be fear of him!’ she encouraged herself, smartly.

“Come my friend, now we shall catch our bus!” exclaimed Zech, “actually ‘my’ bus as you have your Cadillac XTS to take you home,” he continued bellowing, ‘God, when will my dad allow me to use a Ducati 1089!!!’  Celos laughed, “I will drop you without second thoughts dude!” So, while they were walking, Zech wanted to ask him something. “Celos, why are you doing this?” “What?” asked Celos. “Ugh__ about that girl. I meant you’ve tried to torture and bullied white collars, but never for girls,” replied Zech, trying to come to the crux. “White collar? [‘Hmm…so she’s a white collar,” thought Celos.] ‘I guess so…,’ answered Zech, unsurely. Celos understood his point, “ahem, Zech her words were so sharp that they stabbed my heart. I wanna lessen her pride in her every word!” he said cryptically. Zech looked as if hypnotized. “Dude face reality! You can’t be serious, are you? You haven’t bullied girls,’ and Celos added, ‘for now,’  ‘I don’t like what you’re coming for!’ responded Zech, with a giggle along with a bit of confusion.

“None of the girls have treated me that way and none had the dare to talk back at me, in fact they were all chasing__,’ he talked proudly, ‘but she dares to…, ’he paused and continued the track, ‘no one has ever been that strong enough to behave that way in front of me, but her…!’ Celos’ irritated mood faded, ‘but those words had a deeper meaning’, and again he forgot it and returned to his vexed speech, ‘and this is just a game of dare; nothing beyond that… Don’t worry! She’s gonna have Celos fever after the next few days!’ Celos said pompously. ‘FYI, you’d better be careful…,’ Zech said. Celos asked why and he said again, ‘because you’ve never been this curious and challenging towards a girl, PS I don’t think she’s no ordinary girl!’  That leaved Celos confused as he got in to his car, but did not accept it seriously.

Celos seemed to be enjoyable and less serious, but that is all limited to his college life. And that is the reason he wanted to hide his identity trying as much as he could. He did not know the real meanings of the seeds of life and yet his eagerness began to grow. He reached to his mansion and he had nothing to do as everything is done for him. After having a warm bath he lay on his comfortable bed and closed his eyes. Adara’s expressions, terms and resentment crept in his mind disallowing him to sleep. He got up and thought carefully what she said; he reminded each and every word and noted them down. He was mesmerized, but tried to deny it. He felt as if he learnt something important from her. ‘I ain’t gonna quit you la-di-da! I’ll show you who I really am…! I’m gonna get you spitfire’ he challenged himself. 

On the other hand, Adara seems to have a busy schedule in her little house which is not their own either. After she got home, she cleaned up herself and ate her lunch made by her loving mother and finished all her chores and began to finish her school works. After all, she researched on the net about her new project for about 2 hours along adding ideas for her stories (she is a good writer since she was little, and she has even applied for newspaper competitions and achieved prizes) and headed to the TV room to watch cartoons. While watching she too reminded of the incident, she thought whether she should say this to her mother or not, ‘God, should I say this to her or not? Will she overreact?’ Whenever she’s in trouble or in every time she talks to her best-best friend: Almighty God. She has not hidden anything for her best friend: her mother either. She decided to say what happened…