Chapter 3

Once Scarlett had calmed down, they arrived at a locked gate and had to get back in the boat so that they could drive it around to find the crests they needed to open the gate. Scarlett's thoughts had turned Raccoon city and she frowned when her head began hurting and she rubbed her temples.

Scarlett was standing in the police stations break room trying to get her mug off the top shelf. She was standing on her tip toes reaching for it, silently cursing who ever had put it up there. She heard a quiet chuckle and turned to see Albert standing in the doorway watching her.

"If you're just going to stand there and laugh at me the least you could do is help me get the damn thing down." She said to the blond man and when he just continued to stand there smirking at her she huffed. She placed her hands flat on the countertop and lifted her left leg up, putting her left foot up onto the countertop and began to lift herself up. She was stopped when a warm arm wrapped around her waist and made her put her foot back on the ground as a chest pressed against her back and an arm reached up and got her cup down placing it on the counter in front of her.

"Jerk, you could have just walked over here and got it when I asked instead of just watching me." She said as she turned around to look up at him, the space between them was almost nonexistent.

"Where's the fun in that Darling?" He asked with a smug smirk and she rolled her eyes as he pulled her into a kiss. They broke apart when they heard someone clear their throat and turned to see Chris and Jill standing in the doorway, Chris with a grossed-out face and Jill with a knowing smirk. Scarlett blushed brightly and pushed Albert away from her and snatched her cup and went to the coffee pot and began filling it as Jill walked over to tease the smaller woman.

Scarlett came out of the memory as they pulled up to the next island, they needed to get off on to find a crest. She looked at Chris who was watching her in concern, he knew it gave her a headache whenever she remembered something.

"Chris... I have an odd question. Were Wesker and I ever... Did we..." She trailed off not knowing how to ask the seemingly random question.

"Together? You tow never said you were exclusive, but we did catch the two of you flirting and kissing a few times. Jill saw you getting dinner together once too." Chris said guessing where she was going, and her nose wrinkled at the concerned look he was giving her as they got off the boat.

"Don't worry Chris, any feelings I ever had for that bastard are long gone and replaced with anger and hatred." Scarlett said with a dark look and he sighed in relief. There was no way she could ever be romantically attracted to Wesker after what he had done to her and then what he had done to her friends. She honestly did not understand how she could have ever been in love with him in the first place. Chris just nodded and they both looked back at Sheva, waiting for her to get off the boat.

"So, what happened to your partner?" She asked making Scarlett close her eyes for a second as Chris began telling her how they were after a man named Albert Wesker. Scarlett knew what happened, she had been sent the reports by Ada who always seemed to be the one giving her updates on her friends when Scarlett wasn't able to contact them. What was new to Scarlett was how he described how Wesker moved, he said that his eyes hadn't been able to see him dodging their gunshots until each time the man stopped. It was similar to how Scarlett moved only they could still kind of see her, she just became a blur with her speed.

"Jill's body was never found, and she was presumed dead. The person in the data looked like her. I have to know if she's still alive." He said when he finished retelling the story. He told Sheva they were partners when she said they were close. Scarlett glanced at him knowing that he had been in love with Jill. He was still trying to keep himself from giving into the hope that she could still be alive, and he didn't want to tell a woman he had just met about his feelings for Jill. They walked toward the center of the small island as Sheva told them why she had joined the cause and Scarlett felt for her over the loss of her parents.