Casey, Severide, and Herrmann look for Sam

Matt, Kelly, and Chris arrived back at the Hotel just a bit south of downtown Beijing. They came in from different directions, Chris was the first one there because he found a shorter way to get there. Matt came in shortly with Kelly behind, they were surprised to see Chris there first. "Hey, I can't believe you made it first." Said Matt.

"Yeah, found a shortcut."

"How'd you get here, Severide?"

"I took the other way round, my planned route was blocked." Kelly replied.

"Right. Hold on, Where's Sam?" Chris asked.

"I think he was coming in from the hotel." Matt replied.

"Or maybe he got lost in the country." Kelly added

"Alright, I think we better find him. Severide, You and I will need to call the Police and ask if they can send out a search party. We'll need to take the car. Herrmann, you check the streets of Beijing, he could be anywhere." Matt said planning a strategy to find Sam.

"Got, it. I'll also need to call the Fire Station when we find him."

Matt, Kelly, and Chris went to work finding Sam in the area. Kelly pulled his phone out to call the emergency services while Matt went to get their rental car ready. Chris went out to find Sam in the streets of Beijing. They have 17 hours until his flight leaves for Pontypandy with a stop in Amsterdam. They were worried he was gone from the area.

Back at the Fire Station,

Penny and Ellie were in the Kitchen with Elvis and Arnold when Chief Fire Officer Boyce came in. They stood at attention and saw that he looked like he had terrible news from China, and they were right. He stood where he was and told them the news. "I have just received word from the British Embassy in China that Fireman Sam was reported missing, but I thought I tell you first because I can't find Station Officer Steele anywhere." He said.

They were surprised to hear that Sam was missing in China. Elvis was worried he would never make it back in time. Ellie was gone to find Jupiter because she looked so upset to hear about Sam. Penny and Arnold remained in the kitchen because they want to find out where he was last seen. "Sir, do we know how he was missing?" Arnold asked.

"Let's say he was heading to his hotel and they didn't see him arrive at all. The Chinese authorities are searching for him right now, but I don't want to tell Station Officer Steele because PC Malcolm is out with him investigating Norman Price's Slingshot that broke the Fire Station window."

"I see, but does his airline know about this?"

"I don't know if he is on the flight early, but you can check."

"What airline was he flying with?" Penny asked.

"Sam was flying KLM, through Amsterdam to Beijing and then back the same way." Arnold replied.

"I'll give them a call."

Penny went to call KLM to see if Sam was on his way early while Arnold stayed with Chief Fire Officer Boyce. "Who will be in charge until Steele comes back?" he asked.

"Until Station Officer Steele returns, Firefighter Morris will be in charge with Sam reported missing, I will remain in Pontypandy to speak to Sergeant Ravani about this, see you later."

Chief Fire Officer Boyce went out to find the Police Station and tell Rose the news about Sam being reported missing. Arnold went to the sofa and Penny texted Trevor that she will be picking him up from the airport once he is safe in Cardiff. Ellie was in the cab of Jupiter releasing her tears of sadness from the report of her leading firefighter missing.