Chapter 28 - Evelynn

I have just finished my shift and I’m about to leave the hospital. As I am about to walk out the doors of the hospital, Sophia walks in and Noah follows behind her. “What are you doing here?” I ask and Noah pecks me on the lips.

“Charlie and I brought her into work, and I thought I would pop in and see you.” He says and I smile.

“Well I’m just leaving, where is Charlie?”

“He’s sat out in the car.” Sophia says.

“Alright, I’m going to get going, I’m so hungry.” I say and Sophia laughs.

“Ok.” She says and myself and Noah walk towards the front doors of the hospital and suddenly the ground shakes and there is an extremely loud sound outside.

“IT’S A BOMB!” Someone shouts, causing panic in the hospital and Sophia’s face drops and she runs towards the doors and Noah grabs her arm.

“Blondie. What are you doing?” He says and she pulls away.

“Charlie is outside.” She says and she tries to pull her arm from Noah’s grasp.

“You don’t know if another bomb is going to fall.” He says, his knuckles now turning white from holding onto Sophia’s arm so tightly.

“It’s Charlie, Noah, let go.” She says and he loosens his grip and she runs outside and I run after her.

“Evelynn, where are you going?” Noah asks.

“I’m not letting her go out there alone.” I say as I run out the doors of the hospital and Noah follows me. Charlie appears from behind a car and a sigh of relief passes through my body.

“Charlie.” Sophia runs and wraps her arms around him and they walk towards Noah and I.

“We need to get you two somewhere safe, now.” Charlie says and suddenly I hear a woman screaming and Sophia runs towards her.

“Soph.” Charlie shouts and we all follow her.

“Come with me.” The woman is covered in blood and as we walk round the corner we see a building that has collapsed on top of some people and we climb onto the rubble. “I don’t know how many are alive, one guy is badly injured.” The woman says and we continue to follow her climbing over the rubble. I see a hand wrap around Sophia’s ankle and she screams and she quickly bends down.

“I’m so sorry, someone help me.” She says and I help her move the rubble.

“My leg, oh my god, my leg.” The woman screams and Sophia tries to calm her down. I take off my scarf and pass it to Sophia and she ties it around the top of the woman’s leg.

“Charlie, I need you to take her into the hospital.” Sophia say and he looks at her with narrowed eyes.

“And leave you out here.” He says.

“I’ll be fine, there is people out here that need our help, if you don’t get her back to the hospital now she will lose her leg.” Sophia says and Charlie nods.

I make my way across the rubble towards Sophia and just as I'm about to reach her another loud rumble sounds from behind us, followed by a cloud of rocks and debris. Noah pulls me into his chest, covering my face.

"Soph, that came from the hospital." I say leaning away from Noah.

"Oh, crap." She breathes and begins running back to the hospital. I go to follow her but I'm stopped by Noah’s hand on my wrist.

"Eve, what are you doing." He says pulling me back to him.

"People need my help Noah, I need to go." I say trying to pull away from his grasp.