╰ • eight • ╮

Just like she said Micah walked into the firehouse along side Buck seeing as they pulled into the parking lot at the same time. Fist bumping her brother they walked inside as they talked. Parting ways and going to the different locker rooms, Micah saw Hen who was finishing getting changed into her uniform.

"Hey girl." Hen greeted the younger woman with a smile.

"Hey!" Micah responded putting her duffel in her locker after pulling out her uniform.

"What'd you guys do today?" She questioned as Micah dropped her jeans and changed into her work pants.

"Buck, Chris, and Eddie made it their goal today to drag me to the aquarium with them. It was a lot of fun." She nods her head to herself thinking about her conversation with Evan from earlier.

"I feel like there's something else though." Hen cocked a brow at Micah who shrugged.

"Chris pulled Eddie aside while we were there. They talked and Chris came back over to Buck and I, then Buck said he and Eddie would catch up so I took Christopher to go see the sharks. Then when we dropped the boys off, I asked Buck about it and he said it was nothing." Micah explained.

"Do you think he left something out?" She questioned making Micah nod her head again. "Then ask Eddie about it."

Now she shook her head taking her shirt off and slipping on her uniform shirt, buttoning it up. "I can't. I want to trust my brother and think that if it was really important that either one of them would tell me about it."

Hen understood where she was coming from. She herself had almost the same thing with her last serious relationship, which was with Denny's biological mother. If that's what you could even call it.

"Now, you know I tell it like it is and mean what I say, so believe me when I say. This will all work out the way it's supposed to in the end." Hen said patting the girls shoulder as Micah pinned her badge above her left breast.

"Thanks, Hen." She smiled at the older woman.

"No problem, Buckley."

Hen walked out the door and up the stairs with Micah following close behind her. As they sit around the table waiting for Bobby so he could say grace before the next bell went off. Once Bobby sat at the head of the table, they all held hands and bowed their heads, but before Bobby could get a word out that bell went off throughout the speakers. They all stood and took off down the stairs and the pole.

Eddie grabbed Micah's hand and pulled her a little further back than the rest of the team. "Hey Micah, we gotta talk when we get back from call."

"Okay, is it something I should worry about?" She questioned and he shook his head.

"No, bebé. It's nothing to worry about." Eddie reassured her.

He kissed the top of her head as she finished suiting up. "Okay, as long as your sure." She climbed into the truck Eddie got in on the other side.

Micah kept her headset off for this ride and watched out the window until Buck nudged her arm. She looked over at him and slipped on the headset. "Yeah?"

"I was trying to see if you were okay." Buck responded and she nods her head taking off the headset and putting her helmet on instead.

****

When they got back to the firehouse from their call, Eddie pulled Micah into the women's locker room. She gave him a confused expression seeing as she was starting to get nervous. She didn't know what to expect.

Looking at the floor in front of her feet she expected the worse. "Are you breaking up with me?"

"What? No! Not any time soon, actually. I was just wanting to see if you'd join Chris and I for dinner tomorrow." She let out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry I had you worried, mi amor. It wasn't my intention to worry you."