SOS

September 1978

A few weeks have passed since the filming of the Summer Night City video and the song was officially released just the other day. So far, it had reached the top of the charts in Belgium, the Netherlands, Ireland, Switzerland, Rhodesia, Norway, and of course, their native Sweden. Meanwhile, the song had reached number 7 in the UK charts which for the group, and Björn and Benny in particular, this meant that the song was a total failure on top of all the other frustrations they had about the song. Björn had other frustrations about the music as well since they were in the middle of recording all of the other songs that they needed for their next album, which still didn't have a name and had a very few songs.

In addition to Summer Night City, literally the only other songs on this upcoming album included a song called If If Wasn't for the Nights and a song called Chiquitita, which had a bit of a Spanish flair in it as it meant little one in Spanish. There was also an upcoming promotional tour of Japan that the group were going to embark in about two months time along with a visit to London as well. The group had also been invited to New York to perform at a benefit concert for UNICEF early in the new year. And because of all this, Björn was swamped with work and it frustrated Agnetha to no end.

It had frustrated Agnetha at the beginning but at this point, it was becoming more and more frequent which also meant that Björn was becoming more and more of an irritated asshole and a total jerk towards her. Agnetha knew that work was very important for Björn as it was important for her as well. They were in the same band after all and they were world famous but at this point, Björn was just letting the fame get to his head and so was she. It was becoming clearer and clearer that a part of their frustrations was due to the fact that they spent way too much time together, whether it was at work or at home and they needed some time apart, which neither of them wanted as they still loved each other very much despite everything.

It had gone up to the point where Agnetha and Björn were now arguing more frequently and at first, their arguments were mainly at home and Linda and Christian were nowhere to be seen or heard but now they were starting to spread to the studio and because of that, Benny and Frida were taking notice as were Michael, Görel and Stig as well as Tomas Ledin, who was a new artist that was signed by Polar after being discovered by Björn and Benny and quickly became friends with the group, and something had to be done about it sooner than later. The studio was their workplace and it was a place for all of them to be professional not for Agnetha and Björn to continue their constant fighting.

And it was really getting out of hand so Frida suggested that her two friends go to marriage counseling. It was something that she had gone to when she and Ragnar were divorcing and managed to find the number for a good marriage counselor in Stockholm since the marriage counselor that she and Ragnar had seen nine years earlier was based in Eskilstuna. They were both very reluctant to go as a result of their pride and stubbornness but deep down, both Björn and Agnetha knew that it was the best thing to do. With that being said, Agnetha and Björn were now stuck inside the marriage counselor's office waiting on the counselor himself to show up but he was running a bit behind schedule. Their appointment was at 3:30 and it was now 3:32.

"Man, when the hell is this therapist going to be here?!" Björn exclaimed irritably. "It's been almost five minutes and I could be back at the studio writing more songs! And Benny and I could be watching sports while we're at it!"

"Can you relax?!" Agnetha snapped, sounding equally irritated. "He will be here when he can!"

"Oh and what makes you say that?!" Björn hissed as he turned to his wife. "Are you trying to be the therapist's best friend or something?!"

"You know sometimes your sarcasm hurts!" Agnetha exclaimed as she started getting emotional.

"I'm not being entirely sarcastic," Björn replied.