40. Is this... my end?

Sunlight is the first thing I see, groans of pain are the first thing I hear and as much as I was expecting it, pain is not something I feel. My arm moves whenever I want it to and I raise it to block the sun from my eyes while getting up. I am slightly sore, sure, but my broken ribs? Gone. Who healed me?

"Miki!"

I turn around and come face to face with a group of heroes. Eraser has a crooked smile on his face while he refuses to look at me, his eyes locked on something else.

"Hey kid, do me a favor and help out our problem children."

"Problem... children?"

I turn towards the sounds of fighting and notice how both Kat and Izuku are fighting Shigi... Why are they fighting?!

"Shigi...? What are you doing?!"

My voice puts a halt to the fighting but won't look away from their enemy for even a second.

"I told you! I need to be complete!"

"Have you... Have you gone mad?!"

"STAY OUT OF THIS!!"

"Or what?!"

I place myself between a messed up Shigi, a panting Kat and a beaten Izuku.

"I don't want to hurt you!"

"Then stop! You promised me... you promised me you wouldn't hurt my friends!"

"I wouldn't have to hurt them if they just give me what I want!"

I frown and turn towards Izuku with a soft smile.

"I'm sorry for this... if I had known..."

"That's alright..."

"Wow, you're not angry at me, this time?"

I slowly take steps backwards, towards Shigi.

"No, not this time."

I can't help but laugh softly before turning on my heel and noticing how close I am to Shigi. I could kiss him if I wanted to.

"Hey... look at me."

He pulls his eyes from Izuku to meet mine but the pull is too strong and he turns his attention back to the boy within seconds.

"I said, look at me!"

His eyes snap back to mine and I cup his cheek.

"I love you, you know that?"

"I... I love you too, Miki..."

"I'm sorry... I'm going to hurt you..."

"I'm hurting your friends. I deserve it all. If only there wasn't this voice in my head..."

"A voice?"

"He is yelling at me. Ordering me to hurt you. To get One For All."

I lean our foreheads together, closing my eyes.

"But you're not hurting me."

"How could I ever...?"

"I'm going to make it better, okay? I'm going to get him out of your head. Just fight it for a little bit. That's all I'm asking of you..."

He nods and I swallow his feet in their own shadow, making sure he's not going anywhere. I take a step back with a soft smile and press a button on my earpiece.

"Spectre speaking. Himi, I require your assistance. Immediately."

"Roger."

Shigi's eyes are stuck on Izuku once more but none of the boys try to move, waiting for what I'm planning. Though I can't help but notice the pain on Shigi's face. He really is fighting, huh?