꧁ The Princess of Askr ꧂

'Woahhhhh'

My e/c eyes looked around, as I found myself in a forest. I admired its beauty as I heard a new voice.

"Commander Anna! Brother! What has taken you so long to get to the World of Mystery?" Alfonse sighed as he adjusted his sword. "Sorry, Sharena. We had to battle our way here." I bobbed my head as I listened in.

"Who's this with you?" I turned around to see a  teenager holding a lance, bright blonde hair glistening in the sunlight with specks of pink on the edges.

"Oh my! Your holding the divine relic... and it's aglow!" She gasped. "Are you... the Great Hero? Our group has hoped beyond hope that you might come to save us!" She jumped up and down with stars in her eyes as if a child was opening their Christmas present.

"Please, calm yourself, Sharena. This is Y/n." I smile, giving her a small wave. "As it turns out, the Great Hero is a talented tactician as well. We're already in good hands." I played around with the hem of my cloak as my cheeks burn a light pink from the compliments, not that they could see it anyways.

"But... that's amazing! And, Great Hero, you're as great as I imagined. I'm going to be your number-one fan!"

"Oh! My manners have gone right out the window. I'm Sharena, Alfonse's darling little sister!" Alfonse sighed once more. "All right, all right... Just tell us, what's the situation here?"

"Simply put? Absolutely dreadful. The empire has taken control of a Hero from the World of Mystery. She swoops through the skies, a fearsome figure, all in red."

He tilted his head in confusion. "A red flier from Mystery?" "It sounds like Princess Minerva," exclaimed the Commander.

Alfonse nods his head. "This battle will be tough. We should bring a Hero who's an archer, or perhaps..."

~ ~ ~

"Begone, outsiders!" A stern voice called out. "I am Minerva, Princess of Macedon. Now, I'll warn you once- return to your world. I am bound to serve the Emblian Empire, and the imperial princess, Veronica, has given me an order. She has commanded that I attack a kingdom near her empire. I have no time for the likes of you."

Alfonse steps forward. "Princess Minerva, please hear me out. My name is Prince Alfonse, of the very kingdom you plan to attack. I beg you, put down your weapons. We of Askr have no desire to battle you noble heroes."

I watched as the conversation continued. "I am under contract to obey Princess Veronica. There is only ONE way to release me. Prove you are stronger."

He frowned. "Must we resolve this with a battle Princess Minerva?"

"Prince Alfonse!" Anna spoke. "She has named her terms. We must fight- and win!"

"Everyone, prepare for battle!"

'Ah shucks'

~ ~ ~

I pant as I hear the red headed princess speak. "Well done, Prince Alfonse. You have proved strong enough to break our contract with Veronica. And so, we are free once more. I give you my oath that we will not attack your kingdom. Farewell." With that, her and her army slowly disappeared away into the distance.

"Phew" I gave out a breathe of relief. Alfonse turns to me and says "That completes the mission Y/n"

Sharena laughs. "You're such an excellent tactician. Why, I think I'm going to be very fond of you." I smile.

The commander speaks before anyone else can mutter a word. "Everyone, listen up. I've just gotten a report that Emblian soldiers are advancing on our kingdom!

"HUH?" I shriek.

"What? Then all this, here-?" Alfonse looked confused as Sharena uttered in horror. "It- it was just a distraction. We've left our kingdom open to attack!"

"What's done is done. Now, let's make haste. Back to Askr!"