i .

( CHAPTER ONE : THE BAKERY ; y / n )

"damnit !" i heard my coworker, hope, yell from the dish room followed by a loud bang

"damnit !" i heard my coworker, hope, yell from the dish room followed by a loud bang . i quickly set down my broom and dustpan before running back to see what happened .

"everything okay , hope ?" i inquired , peeking my head around the corner . i then covered my mouth to see a soaking wet girl with an angry face .

"i hate working back here , this always happens to me ." hope huffed and walked back to where the aprons are before turning towards me . "do you happen to have an extra shirt i could borrow ?" i nodded and quickly ran outside of the bakery, hoping i don't get my ass chewed for leaving without clocking off .

my keys fumbled in my hands before i finally got my key into the door of my impala . turning it , i unlocked it , opened the door , and quickly grabbed the extra shirt that was sitting on my dashboard . with a sigh that passed through my lips ,  i shut the door of my car and quickly ran back into the shop .

"hope !" i called out . "i'm in here !" i heard from the bathroom , i jogged over and knocked on the door . "just come in ." she replied to the knock . i pressed my hand on the knob and turned it . hope was drying her hair off with one of the towels that we had in the back . gross , but whatever you gotta do to get dried off . i handed her the shirt and she smiled gratefully at me . "thank you , you're a life saver ." i nodded and gave her a thumbs up before running back to my cleaning duties .

before i knew it , i heard the chime of the door and saw a group of very cute boys walk in , followed by my brother , mike . i set my stuff down again and walked up to the cash register .

"hello , boys . how may i help you today ?" i asked as they all huddled together in front of me . i made eye contact with my brother first , he had a smug look on his face . typical . i then made eye contact with the taller one of the group , he looked happy but nervous . then i made eye contact with the shorter one standing next to him , red hair and glasses that sat just right on the bridge of his nose . i looked around at the rest of the group before glaring slightly , seeing that one of the boys was definitely checking me out . i rolled my eyes and looked at michael .

"michael , how can i help you ?" i asked him separately , he shrugged and walked over to the display case that held all the cookies . "i'll take two sugar cookies , y / n ." he smiled and then stepped back . i wrote down what he asked for before looking at everyone else . "will this be together or separate ?" i looked back down at the slip of paper waiting for an answer . "together ." they all said , almost in unison .  i nodded and waited for the next boy to order what he wanted .

"um .." he started before looking up at the displayed menu . "i'll just have a grilled cheese with a sugar cookie as well ." i nodded and wrote his order down. another boy chipped in , "i'll have the same thing ." nodding again , i put a x2 by it . "anything else ?" i waited before turning towards the bathroom to see hope come out . she smiled brightly and walked up to michael giving him a big hug , followed by a wave towards all of the boys . "hello .." i heard them all greet her before she walked back to the dish room to finish what she was doing .

i sighed , "don't all speak at once ." i looked around to see the one that checked me out chuckling . "okay , mr .." i paused waiting for him to respond . "dalton ." he replied smugly . "okay , mr . dalton , what would you like to get ?" i repeated the first part  in the same tone as earlier , but with a bit more attitude . "oh — um .." he started and i just stared at him waiting for him to answer my question . "i'll just have a ham and cheddar cheese sandwich . yeah .." he nodded and looked at me . i pointed my pen at him , "anything on it ?" he looked at me and shrugged . "i guess i'll have lettuce and tomato on it ." i nodded and wrote that down . "anything else for you boys ?"

another boy stepped forward pulling his awfully shy friend with him . "him and i will both have the chicken noodle soup with a white roll , please ." he gave me a gentle smile and i returned it . "to share or do you want two ?" i asked , he chuckled and replied , "two please ." i nodded. "alright, is that it for you all ?"

they all nodded , so i quickly reread their order and looked up at them for reassurance to make sure that it was correct . "yeah , that sounds about right ." michael added , i nodded and added up the total .

"that'll be $10 dollars even , please ." i smiled at all of them . the dalton boy stepped forward and handed me a ten dollar bill . "thank you , i'll have that right out for you ." i nodded and set the money away before turning around and running to the back .

"hope ! can you help me please ?" i asked her , she quickly stopped the running water and walked out with a beaming smile . "what do you need help with , ms . y / n ?" i pointed my thumb back to the kitchen . "can you get me the cookies and soups ?" i asked her with a longing look . she nodded and walked over to the clean towels , "of course , anything to get away from those ." she pointed to where the dishes were then i watched her grab a towel and dry her hands off . with a chuckle i walked back to the kitchen and looked over to see all the boys striking up a conversation .

"so .. she's your sister ? that's how she knew what your name was ?" the redhead with glasses asked , the dalton boy gave him a questioning look before giving him a smack upside the head . "yes , dumbass . pattensen just said that they're siblings . god , pay attention ." giggling to myself , i looked over my shoulder to see hope doing what i asked her to .

"thank you , hope . i really really appreciate it ." i smiled at her and she nodded . "it's no biggie . this is my job , i'm supposed to do this anyway ." she returned the smile and put the cookies on a tray before turning towards the soup table . "what kind of soups were they and how many are there ?" i quickly grabbed the ticket with the orders on them . "uh .. two chicken noodles with white rolls !" i nodded and then put on some gloves to make the grilled cheeses .

setting the bread down on the grill , along with the cheese i looked back over to the group of boys to see some of them looking at me and giggling . i rolled my eyes and hurriedly organized the trays once hope was done , after that i walked back over to the grill and set both the grilled cheeses on two plates .

grabbing both the trays , i gently walked over to the table where all the boys were seated . "here's your food , gentlemen ." i set both trays on top of the table . "thank you , sis ." michael said and gave me a smile , i smiled back willingly before turning around to walk back to what i was doing earlier. however , i was stopped by someone grabbing my wrist , i looked back to see that egotistical looking boy smiling at me whilst my wrist was in his grip.

"uh .. did i forget something .. or ?" i asked , he nodded and let go of my wrist . "yeah , your phone number ." he leaned back , a couple of the boys groaned and shook their heads , including michael . "yeah .. no . sorry ." i replied to what he said , and then walked away .

"nice going , idiot ." i heard michael said when i hurried away .

what is with it and boys constantly asking for girl's numbers ?

𝑴𝑨𝑵𝑰𝑨𝑪

a / n : hello !!! hope you all enjoyed this first chapter ! there'll be more scenes of you and charlie alone and stuff in the next chapter probably ! this story is slow burn so it'll take a bit before you guys actually end up getting together !