Yes.

I want to blame this on my amnesia but even I'm not ignorant enough to convince myself that I forgot most of yesterday's events which included Jordan not because of my condition but rather because of my stagnating interest towards him. I try really hard to recap when I walk to the bodega for something to eat, but instead of remembering anything significant I stumble into Brendan. He looks me up and down and I decide to make a confession in that moment.

"You didn't see me without shoes on yesterday, did you?"

"Yah, I noticed in retrospect..." Brendan snorts and shakes his head lightly. "How does one head out without shoes?"

"I don't know."

"Yeah, you don't really... know anything nowadays, huh?"

I chuckle quietly at this relatively harmless joke. "I won't lie so. I'm very clueless to say the less."

"So I should probably clue you in, what do you think?"

My laughter rapidly breaks off as I'm overwhelmed by a sudden deep interest within me for the piece of information he could provide to me. And I almost feel guilty that I'm still capable to form such a strong sense of interest, when it's hugely missing with Jordan. But here I am.

I stare at Brendan with wide eyes before I catch myself and attempt to keep it more causal, in case he would use my interest against me. "If that's what you want."

"I believe it's the right to do..." He says, and I can only spot earnestly within his brown eyes. It lights up hope in me that maybe I could come closer to the past, maybe even have it revealed to me in its whole form. All because I stumbled into him without my shoes on.

"Please," I say, feeling myself going weak. I really want this. The past. Even if it's maybe not what I used to want, but now it's like, everything.