29

Next morning, Lisa was woken up by Jisoo's phone call

Next morning, Lisa was woken up by Jisoo's phone call. She groggily reached for her phone. She picked up the call and said "Hey".

Then she heard Jisoo's say seriously, "Lisa, don't tell me you're not fully awake? Don't forget that you have a scene to shoot in late afternoon. I'm on my way. You'd better hurry up, or you won't make it on set."

Lisa instantly woke up, hung up the phone, and hurriedly ripped the sheets off herself. When she got off the bed, images of her and Jungkook together last night suddenly came back to her. She subconsciously looked around the room. It was completely empty; Jungkook was long gone.

If it weren't for the exhaustion, yesterday could've been a dream she'd made up.

As she was in a rush, Lisa didn't have time to think about her pain and suffering. She hurriedly ran into the shower and turned it on. Just as she was about to wash her hands, she suddenly stopped, stunned. She looked at her left hand—it was unexpectedly covered in blood.

The blood was already dried up and dark in color.

Where did it come from?

Lisa was so shocked, she turned slightly pale. She stared at her own fingers for a while. Without caring about the running water in the shower, she ran out of the bathroom. She walked over to the bed and pulled open the sheets. There, she saw that Jungkook's half of the bed, the snow white bed sheets on which he'd lain yesterday, had striking red patches.

Lisa then looked over to her left hand, and wrinkled her eyebrows at the memory of grabbing onto his shoulder yesterday...

In her heart, she felt a as though she was brutally hit. Her face was so pale, it was almost translucent.

Jungkook was injured? What's more, it seemed pretty serious...

Madam Chen had prepared breakfast a long time ago. After seeing Lisa come down, she immediately stopped cleaning the china and asked with a smile, "Madame, would you like some breakfast?"

Lisa shook her head and walked towards the entrance. As she changed her shoes, she realized something. Lifting her head, she rushed to ask Madam Chen, "What time did Jungkook leave in the morning?"

"It wasn't even 6 am. Not long after I had woken up."

Lisa nodded and asked again, "Did he look a bit off?"

Madam Chen thought back and said, "Nothing off in particular... However, Jungkook's complexion wasn't great. His was a little pale."

Lisa slightly crossed her hands, pursed her lips, but didn't say another word.

After a while, Madam Chen asked, "Madame, did something happen?"

Lisa shook her head and pushed the door open to leave, smiling at Madam Chen.

Jisoo was already at the entrance of the villa's courtyard, waiting for her. Lisa opened the car door and sat in. Jisoo started up the car, jabbering relentlessly about just how late she woke up. Mid-sentence, she saw the red kiss marks all over Lisa's collar and said with a "tut tut tut", "No wonder you got up so late... so someone exerted themselves last night!"