24

Jungkook raced to the hospital in his car

Jungkook raced to the hospital in his car. The two of them didn't speak at all on the drive from the villa to the city. It was at least a two hour drive, but he reached the public hospital in an hour and a half.

Jungkook simply wasn't looking for Lisa's opinion at all. He dragged her straight to the emergency ward, signed in, and shouted to the doctor, "Give her a full body check-up!"

Without even looking at Lisa, he took long strides out, and left.

•°.*🥀•°.*

The full body check-up took a long time. Jungkook stood in the hallway, waiting, slightly bored.

Every now and then, he would raise his hand and press the left of his back. His brows creased hard, as though he was enduring something.

In the end, it was like he couldn't take it anymore. He pulled a cigarette from his pocket, wanting to divert his attention. However, just as the cigarette settled between his lips, Jungkook saw the sign on the wall, saying in large letters, "No Smoking". He angrily took the cigarette from his mouth and shoved it back into its pack, and into his pocket.

Jungkook stood in front of the window in the hospital's hallway. He stared out at the pitch-black night sky for a while, thinking back to the cut on Lisa's forehead. It wasn't serious, but the cut was on her face. He pulled out his phone and called his assistant.

As the assistant was already in the city, he rushed over to the hospital with a small bottle of medicine in just half an hour after picking up Jungkook's call. He handed him the bottle.

"Jungkook, this medicine is almost finished. All that's left is this one bottle. If you give this to Miss Lisa, you won't have any left for yourself."

Jungkook got the medicine a few years back when he was filming in Yunnan and stumbled upon an old traditional Chinese doctor. He bought this scar removal ointment that was passed on by his ancestors. At the time, he often visited the doctor, as it was difficult to avoid getting hit whilst filming fight scenes in his historical drama. No matter how serious the injury was, as long as he rubbed the ointment, it would never leave a scar.

Hearing his assistant's words, Jungkook's expression didn't change. He just took the ointment, shoved it in his pocket, and said in a dull voice, "If we get a chance to go to Yunnan, go back and buy more from that old traditional Chinese doctor."

The assistant moved his lips but no words came out. In the bottom of his heart, he silently thought about the old traditional Chinese doctor who he'd met on a one-off chance. So many years had passed since they then, who would he find there when he went back to buy the medicine?

•°.*🥀•°.*

When Lisa finished her check-up, it was already nine at night, and her results showed that there were no major problems. The doctor cleaned the cut on her forehead with some alcohol to kill all the bacteria. When she fell, she probably brushed her head against something and scraped a little piece of skin off.

Even though the doctor said it was nothing, Jungkook still made Lisa do all the different types of checks. When they confirmed that there was really nothing wrong, he returned the reports back to her. He then turned to leave the hospital. Lisa gathered all her test results and shoved them into her bag, hurriedly following behind him.

•°.*🥀•°.*

Jungkook didn't take Lisa back to the crew but to the mansion. He drove straight to the villa's gates before stopping the car.

Madam Chen apparently had heard some movement. Before the car even pulled up, she had already walked out from the house.

Lisa unfastened her safety belt. She got out of the car and greeted Madam Chen. Jungkook rolled down the driver side's window and pulled out a bottle of ointment to hand it over to Lisa. He took a glance at the cut on her forehead, and said in flat voice, "To prevent scarring."

Lisa didn't put her hand out to take it, casually saying, "The doctor said it won't leave a scar..."

She even refused a bottle of ointment from him? Jungkook's expression hardened, and he interrupted Lisa again, "If it leaves a scar, who will be responsible? Miss Lisa, don't you forget that you are an actress, you rely on your face for your work. The audience would find a scarred face an eyesore. Please, have some professionalism!"

Jungkook's words were merciless. When he finished speaking, he didn't even glance at Lisa but directly tossed the ointment to Madam Chen.

Mother Chen hurriedly put her hands out to catch it, before smiling and saying, "I've already prepared dinner. It's still hot, come in quick and eat." When she finished speaking, Madam Chen realized that Jungkook wasn't leaving the car, and so she asked, "Jungkook, will you come home tonight?"

"No," Jungkook callously shot out.

He turned the steering wheel, and turned the car right back around. Then he stomped on the accelerator and sped out of The Mansion's courtyard.

Lisa watched the quickly disappearing car. She slightly lowered her head, hiding the disappointed look in her eyes. Lisa turned to Mother Chen, pretending everything was fine, and put on a modest smile. "Let's go in."

After dinner, when Lisa went upstairs, Mother Chen handed over the ointment Jungkook had thrown her. "Madame, mister's ointment."

Lisa looked at the bottle in Mother Chen's hands. She paused for a moment, took it, and walked upstairs.

Lisa had been busy all day, and so she was naturally a little tired. After taking a shower, she crawled into the bed. But just as she was going to turn off the lights, her eyes caught on the small bottle on the cabinet by the bed's head. Holding the bottle in her hand, she shut off the lights and slipped under the soft covers. She shut her eyes, but sleep didn't come no matter what.

Why did Jungkook save her? Did it look like he was worried about her just then?

But then, he gave her the cold shoulder soon after. Also, his words were hard to hear.

Lisa couldn't help but turn over and look at the small bottle in her hands under the pale yellow moon light coming in from the window. Did he give her the bottle because he really was afraid that it would leave a scar on her face or would affect her sight? Or perhaps, he simply didn't want her face to scar?

The more Lisa thought about it, the more confused her heart became.

More than five years ago, coming back from Daejon after the first time they were alone together in a room, she had thought nonsense, like she was doing right now. She had thought that he was interested in her, but in the end, she was forced to realize that it was all in her head.

Moreover, five years ago, he had told her that no matter who he liked, it would never be her.

So why should she indulge in these fantasies? In the end, she'd be the only one left disappointed and hurt.

Lisa bit her lip, hugged the small bottle with her eyes shut, and sadness slowly crept inside her.

•°.*🥀•°.*