Chapter 22: A Daughter I Would Love To Wear

A school bell rings. It's cloudy at the moment, the weather rather uncalm, but it could be much worse. Children around eleven to 13 years old leave their class rooms. The teachers walk through the halls to make sure no one is causing trouble. The school appears old, yet noble, reminding best of an old castle that experienced a few slight modern changes here and there - especially at the walls and pillars that lead to the atrium. This is no doubt a school only a certain kind of children can visit.

Those, who have rich parents, or that seem to be extremely qualified. And in these times, only few have one of those privileges.

Among these kids, one of them stands out, being ignored by the others. It has grey hair. A genetical defect that came with it's birth. Alone, this kid walks through the halls of this large, cold school building. It's fellow students doesn't want to do anything with this young girl, thanks to her strange appearance that makes her look older than she is. While walking through the halls of the castle-like school, she arrives in a huge library in which a few kids seem to bully a young boy who's trying to read a book.

"Soichi's always thinking about these red Fibers!"

"No one likes you, Soichi! It's better to just stay at home!"

The young girl hides behind the wall. The children notice her nonetheless - they can't stand the girl either. Then, one of the children takes Soichiro's book and throws it against the wall next to the girl - a few notes fall out of it. They eventually have to retreat as this causes the attention of the librarian. Soichiro sighs and lays his head down onto the table... it's clear he must be treated like that for a while already. The young girl walks to his book and the notes, grabbing it and giving it back to him. She notices a lot of these notes include Life Fibers, and biology in general.

"... hey" she says shy. Soichiro looks up - he appears so innocent and hurt.

"Uhm... this is your's, right?" she asks. Soichiro nods. The girl lays her bag on the bench and then sits down to him.

"... who are you?"

"I'm Ragyo. And you are Soichiro, yes?"

"... mhm."

"I know these people. They are really mean. My dad signed me up for this school even though I didn't wanted to."

"... same."

"You know a lot about Life Fibers, right?" she smiles.

"... I do, yes."

"Cool! I do too! My mom works a lot with these things and my dad too. He says you can do a lot with them."

"Really?" he asks and seems to be a bit more interested now.

"Mhm!"

"I just... I don't know... they really did a lot on this world... I mean... eh, I don't know..."