Chapter 25/1: Sharing Tears Together In The Darkness

Ryuko appears back in the dark halls for the last time

Ryuko appears back in the dark halls for the last time. She still is in Nui's broken mind - these are simply her halls.

Everything is broken. Memory Fibers that form little shards, loose Life Fibers, rain, darkness. Is it possible Nui believes Ryuko actually did kill her and the Nui Ryuko killed in her memory was just an illusion, or the work of Hinata?  In any case, Ryuko needs to escape Neo-REVOCS as soon as possible, now. A white memory Fiber is still visible at the end of the hall - it shines orange and consists of a few Threads of Fate as well as normal Life Fibers. It seems to be the exit from Nui's mind and the dark halls of the Life Fibers in general. The young woman has her body back and wears a black jacket, and she also has the scissor blades with her. Arriving at the exit, the insane Nui with the black arms appears again.

She seems to be angered and yet desperate.

"What are you doing!?" the nightmare Nui asks. Ryuko looks calm to her.

"You can't go now! Ryuko, you wanted to kill me! KI-HI-LL ME! COME ON! You need to do this! If you don't do it now, you'll never be able to! Please... please please please just do it!"

"..."

"How often do I have to haunt you so that you can finally kill me!"

"..."

"... just say something, please. Please just do it for me."

Ryuko shakes her head.

"I'm done fighting, Nui." Ryuko answers. Nui reacts surprised.

"You know... all these years I just wanted to get rid of you. There wasn't a single day in which I wished you could finally go to hell, where I believed you to belong to. You have any clue how much I despised you?" Ryuko asks. Nui shakes her head.

"But do you want to know something funny?"

"Mhm?"

"I don't hate you."

"But why?"

Ryuko hesitates for a moment.

"When I saw you dying on the ground... and I saw you cry..."

"..."

"... I realized I was killing my own little sister. ... you see, I wished to have a family back then. When I was in your body, at first I despised it... but the more I was around you and felt what you felt, the more I felt like... back then. Alone and hopeless. The difference is, you never got a friend like Mako who would have saved you.

I... I'm sorry."

Nui doesn't answer.

"... you are the biggest asshole I've ever seen... but... b-but I can't kill you. I can't do it. For nothing in the world would I do it... just like with Satsuki. Mom... fucked you up. Humans... fucked you up. And... I... fucked you up.