What happened in 3073

It was just 3036. Me and my younger sister Elanor lived with Mr. William, he took care of us. He treated us right, he just never had time to spare with us. He was always busy with the Government stuff. He never told us anything either. All he said was "Don't break the rules," or "Don't disobey me." I assumed he didn't like us very much. The only reason we live with him is that everyone else has at least one kid, and you can't have more than one kid. The only people who can have more than one kid is The Six. The Six were the government, they took care of us. That's what they told us anyway. But, I knew everything they did, I was their Jr. associate, they trusted me. But I was different. They control the human race, they control their feelings, movement, meals per day, and even their blood pressure. Not only was Mr. William the most powerful person in the remaining human race, but he also took advantage of his rank and the rules he could get away with. Elanor was only 5 when we moved in with him. Our parents died in the great earthquake of 3073 that wiped out 3/4 of the human population. We only survived due to our mother. She saved us due to her job, she worked as a forecast reporter. She knew where underground tunnels were. And what can survive down there. But our mom didn't make it, she was going back for our dad, who died in the tunnels when the earthquake officially hit. I was only 12, I had to look after my 5-year-old sister. We had to run for miles, on miles, on miles. I didn't even think we'd survive. But I had to try, for her. She was all I had left at the time. My aunt lived in the place where the earthquake first hit. As well as my cousin. They were all I had. Then it just happened. Mom was scared for me and Elanor. I told her "We would be fine," but we weren't.