25. Confrontation

[Art by @AgonixArt on twitter, thanks :]

(Posted on 5 February 2021)

"A6d? Huh? Weren't you my teammate? Along with Wilbur—what happened to Wilbur by the way?" I asked, very confused on how the fucking Demon King had greeted A6d.

"Wilbur? I'm pretty sure that guy died. They're so many lost souls wandering around here I can't even tell," the demon king replied, floating back over to me. Uh-oh. That's not good... next time I'm roaming around the castle I have to keep an eye out for him then. Maybe there's some kind of revival skill.

"Oh... Anyways, A6d, fucking explain yourself!" I shouted at him. Is this fucker a demon?! You've got to be kidding me.

"Uh... I'm a demon?" A6d said, and slowly took off part of the bandana on his face to reveal that his eyes were a pale color and emitted a faint glow, similar to the demon adviser's eyes. FUCK! I was right.

"So you're a fucking french speaking demon then?"

"What do you mean?" A6d asked, confused.

"My skill is enhanced senses! I hear you talking in French under your breath all the goddamn time!" I exclaimed.

"You heard that?" A6d chuckled before continuing, "No, that's the demon language. It's my native language, not 'French', whatever that is." He even did finger quotes when he said French, mocking me.

"What the fuck?!"

"How is it possible that you mistook the demon language for French?" Skeppy stated in between his laughs, "You truly are an intellectual, totally fit for your role."

"Shut up dumbass!" I said, and jumped towards another floating piece of land. I'm going to kill this fucker.

"Well, if I'm not needed, I'll see you guys later. Maybe," A6d said, tying his bandana back around his eyes and disappeared. What a dickhead.

"Hey! I never got that high five I wanted!" Skeppy complained, and sighed, "I'll get it later..."

"You won't because I'm going to kill you!" I proclaimed, and jumped onto another floating part of the floor, almost missing it entirely and falling to my doom.

"You won't even reach the island before you fall off!" Skeppy said, and snapped his fingers. I looked behind me and the floating pieces of land leading back to where I had entered were gone. Can't go back now. This would have been so much easier if I had more agility potions from Wilbur or A6d, I miss those guys. Why the fuck did A6d have to turn out to be a demon?

"Where did A6d go, anyways?" I asked, jumping for another piece of land.

"Probably fixing the second trial, since the boss got killed outside of the zone. Don't know how that happened, though," the adviser answered. Was the boss that giant suit of armor? Why would A6d kill it though, if he was secretly a demon that works here?