1- our escape

Athena. The girl that played with fairies.

[IT WAS THE AGE OF WAR IN A WORLD BEFORE TIME. WHERE PEACE REIGNED THROUGHOUT THE LAND UNTIL MEDUSA ENTERED THE HUMAN REALM. SHE GREW ENVIOUS OF THE LOVE SHE SAW WITHIN THE  PEOPLE. HER GOD STATUS GREW FROM BOREDOM TO JEALOUSY AND THEN INTO HATRED AS SHE PLACED HER WRATH AMONG MEN.

PAIN WAS NOT KNOWN AMONG THE HUMAN MINDS UNTIL SHE TAUGHT THEM ABOUT GREED AND HOW TO HATE. THOSE THAT CHOSE TO STAY BY HER SIDE WERE ALTERED INTO A NEW DEMON BREED BETWEEN HUMAN AND REPTILIAN. ]

I woke up with a start. 'She was stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.' She allowed them to do this to her. I was ready, to get us out of her as quickly as her short legs would take us. I look through the bars of the cell they had us locked in like an animal. In the bright moonlighting night, through the dense forest, I saw a huge fire and zoomed in my focus there, wishing I had farsightedness or even sonic hearing. I couldn't hear them but I could see them in the distance walking around the fire. The leader, Medusa, opened her book of teachings as she screeched causing the others to bow, except one. Felix. The sound had me bending my head and covering my ears, its effect making my eardrums feel like they would bleed out. It was a sound only few could hear. That meant she was ready for us.

I jumped off the wooden box I was standing on and ran to the caged door knowing that the morning would not meet us alive here. I was filthy and felt like convulsing from our body odor but that was not important. Tony was supposed to be here by now, with Tessa. I could not call for them as I wasn't sure if anyone else was around but from the looks of it, the place seemed to be empty. Empty, except for the six of us caged up in different rooms- well five now because one was taken. And when Tony and Tessa were taken away, to be kept separately, from us.

They could not chance to rescue Felix and risk the rest of them. The plan was to get out and run, except the plan was for Tony to be with Medusa and he would eventually find his way to them. Felix was supposed to be with them.

 Just run. And that was the signal, the night she took one of us. When the Leader took her first sacrifice. She would not sense what they were up to as her mind would be too excited and too preoccupied with her proceedings.

I slowly concentrated as I tried my best to break the lock in the palm of her tiny hand. I was new at this. Only a week. I had no idea what I was even capable of yet. Two things I knew; I had speed, and I really hated the sound coming from the winged woman just now.

"It's clear. Break it. I'll get the others," I hear as Tony ran in front of me to the room next door. That was all I needed to hear as I tugged at the now seemly weak padlock as it came apart in her hand. And I had the strength it seemed as I mentally added it to my list of things about me. I knew nothing of me but everything about her though. I feel her coming awake.

"Nebula," I call out to her calmly in my-her- our mind, for she still thought she was going mad, hearing a voice in her head. "This is a dream. We are taking a walk to clear our minds okay. Let's walk."

She was indeed not crazy as I am real. I became alive a week ago in her body as she had turned sixteen. I feel her acceptance of my words as she gives in to me. I needed her to be conscious of what was happening so she will move her body, for if she is fully asleep then I am immobile.

Tony had already become one with himself. He said it took him almost two months. So, I had to play cool and calm with Nebula for two months, until the complete transformation. Tony, Felix, and Tessa used to mind link me from their new rooms and this was another thing that nobody knew except us. Tessa said she felt like she was thrown in an iced sea. Her body grew numb with coldness while Tony said it felt like his body was on flames at times. So, I have that to look forward to.