2- she found us

Nobody moved for almost a minute. Han was practically digging his way inside Tony's body in fright and Ming was holding on to him. I hug her as I saw the tears in her eyes. Tessa was the first to move as she ran to the entrance and disappeared.

Tony ran behind her. I stayed with the kids. Less than a minute later Tony's mind linked me.

[Come and see this]

I quickly grabbed the kids' hands, and rushed out, for I felt that he would have indicated if it was dangerous. Just outside the entrance on the floor lay a bleeding Felix with Tessa pressing onto his chest with both her hands. They were illuminated by a bright white glow.

"What-" Nebula asked.

"I think she is healing him."

And that was how we discovered Tessa's ability, for before this she seemed to have had none.

Ming grabbed my leg as she buried her face in my tattered jeans. Ming is pretty short for her age I think as I look down at her. Or 'did I get taller? Weird.'

Another day had passed and Felix was still asleep along with Tessa. Guess it drained them both. Once he had mind linked them in his sleep-

[Nebula- run!]

Before that, they were on high alert about him. Now they felt as he was with them still. Tony was monitoring them both. He felt they would wake anytime now. He also said that we should be on the move, immediately after they awoke.

"Tessa has her color back and Felix is completely healed," he had said before he went in search of fruit. I did not acquire a taste for it but Nebula likes it, I feel how happy she was when he said he was going to look for food. I preferred the fruit any day over starvation.

I was happy to have Felix back. I lift Tony's shirt from over his chest as I look for any sign of his wound. Nothing. Not even a scratch. I had never seen a naked person before too. I stare at Felix now. His body was very different from mine. Ming came towards me.

"Cover him, perv," she states and closes her eyes and replaces the shirt over him. I don't have time to understand the meaning of her words when Tony came rushing in. His previously bare chest is now covered in an item of cotton as he threw a piece of cloth next to Felix too.

"Great news. There's a village not far from here. We eat and get a good rest then leave, " he was smiling from ear to ear. I have never seen a smile until now. It was weird. Nebula's heart fluttered.

That night was the first meal anybody had in years. The villagers took them in without too many questions. Just a lot of fussing about their tattered clothing and why did they look like they were starving. They were actually. And the food was more than delicious.

After their hearty meals, they enjoyed a bath. Nebula cried. See? Told you- she cries for everything. I know how she felt as I felt some of what she felt. Tears of joy? So, she cried happy and sad. She even started back again when the villagers started putting things on fire. Lighting the lamps. I understood from Nebula that this is what they use to see at night. I did not see the purpose of it as I felt that night should be for sleep. After all, why was it separated from the day time when it was bright?

I caution her to stay mum about our wounds, then I let her take over for the rest of the evening as I was bored and quite fed up actually of her constant roller-coaster feelings. She even cried when she put on the cotton clothing.

One day turned into a week in the little village. My welts were now black and green scars across my body, like vines. I felt her body go through changes too. I tied swabs of cloth around her chest area to make things easier for her as everyone was staring. Why wasn't the same happening with Tessa?