CHAPTER 7

Ms. Hemmison. Yes, I know her. 3 years ago I met her as Leila Heller. we became friends for 3 months then she disappeared. I have never seen her since then. Then we moved to Washington. Then last month I saw her.

"Leila!" I called her. She turned around and face me like I was a stranger. "I'm sorry Miss but I don't know you." She said. "I am sorry. I thought you were my friend." I said and she smiled at me. This is not Leila, I thought to myself.

I believed it wasn't Leila until I held this case. By the way she utter Mr. Turner's name, I believe it was her. I confirmed it when Ms. Carter asked me those questions. And I am starting to doubt her, I am thinking maybe, Leila really killed Ms. Lean out of her anger and hatred. That could be possible.

I now have the search warrant in my hands. I ride the elevator then knock at Leila's office.

"Rein." She said with a soft voice as if this was 3 years ago. I ignore it and force back my smile. I give her a serious eye.

"Ahh... Ms. Jones..." she corrected herself.

"We have our search warrant." I said hoping that she understands.

"Ahh, yeah. Come in." She said.

She has a great office. From its interior to her table and chair. White and black. It was so classic.

We started our search. I am with my teammates. After thirty minutes I found something. The hoodie.

"Ah, Is this yours?" I asked.

"It wasn't mine. Well, I don't know. Every workers and employees here have that kind of jacket." She said with innocence. Then her face turned pale.

"Ah... Ahhh... It's not mine I think." She said. It looks like she'd realized what is happening. I can't believe this. Leila is not a killer. She won't kill anybody. I know her. Maybe I don't.

"Please leave us for a second." I told my team. I want to talk to Leila about this. I don't know how to react in this kind of situation. She has been my friend. And I know that up until now she is still hurt.

"Leila." I said softly. I'm hoping that I could calm her down.

"Please tell me the truth, I believe in you. I know that you didn't kill her. Leila please." I said pleading her.

"I don't know. Everyone will think I am the killer because of this." She said. "I will have to leave this place. I will have to disappear again and again." She continued. She is so vulnerable and fragile. She is still hurt.

"Leila, you will not leave this place. You will not change your name again." I said. She sobs.

"Do you really think it was Mr. Turner who killed her?" I asked. But she doesn't answer me.

"Leila. Please, I want to help you." I said.

"I don't know. I thought this would make me happy. After all of what he'd done to me." She said.

"Leila, that was three years ago and we both know that you two were played for fool by Mariya. She told me this information. She provoked me to come here." I said.

"I don't know if Luke could still forgive me from what I've done." She said.

"Mr. Turner will forgive you Leila. So now tell me what you really saw that night." I said.

"All what I've said was true. Except what I have said that it was Luke Turner who killed Ms. Lean. I don't know who that guy is." She said.

"Do you think the killer is really a guy? Because I think SHE is a woman." I said.

"Everyone in this office wear high heel stilettos. I think He was a man." She said.

"We'll investigate about that. Are you on my team?" I asked.

"Yes." She answered then hugged me. It felt so good hugging my best friend.

*****