CHAPTER 5

"Have a seat Ms. Hemmison." I told Ms. Hemmison.

"Ms. Rein, I know this is kind of late to tell the whole story but as long as it would clear my name I will do it. Please believe me." She said. I observe her.

"You know it's hard to believe someone who is lying. I hope you know that." I said. She has this personality to make people believe in her but not me. I won't believe her unless she is telling the truth.

"I know, and I am sorry for lying... I was just scared. I'm scared that you will think that it's me who killed her. I would not do that to her. She is nice to me." She said almost gasping for air when she finished. She is one of a hell good actress. She is leaving something behind.

"So Ms. Hemmison, tell me the truth. Only the truth!" I said with a gritted teeth. I hope she will tell the truth. I can tell if she is lying.

"That night, I was there at the CR, it was 8:00 pm when I entered. I was stocked there for 30 minutes because I had my stomach aching, maybe because of what I ate for dinner. I stayed late at the office because I have so many works to do. I heard Mr. Turner's voice at around 8:10 pm, he is looking for Ms. Lean. Then when I looked into my watch it is already 8:30 so I decided to go home. I am supposed to left when I heard footsteps. It was Ms. Lean's. I saw her retouching her make-up. Then I heard her screaming after 10 minutes. I heard another footsteps. It's from a guy's shoes because it doesn't sounds like a heels or something. At around 8:50, there isn't noise anymore, I got out of the cubicle and saw Ms. Lean at the floor, full of blood. Then I get out of the CR, I saw a man walking wearing black hoodie. He is in a hurry. He is the only person around that area. I walk to my office and get my bag then ride the elevator." She said. I don't know if she is telling the truth now. It seems like she is. But part of me says that she is still lying.

"But why did you said it was Mr. Turner who killed her?" I asked.

"I saw him when I get down. He is on his way up. There are no other people around so I assume it was Mr. Turner." Ms. Hemmison told me.

"What about Mrs. Craig?" I asked.

"Oh, I saw her, she is sleeping at Mr. Turner's office that time so I believe she is out of this." She said.

"How about..... YOU?" I saw her shock expression. "You said there is no other people around that area? What makes you think that I will believe your tale about this man wearing a hoodie?" I asked her. She is so shocked. She can't even speak.

"What Ms. Hemmison?" I snap.

"Because I am telling the truth, you should believe me." She said. She is nervous. I can see it in her eyes.

"Then, I should believe you then? Ms. Hemmison, I will not believe you easily, knowing that you once lied to us." I said.

"Hahahahah!" She laughed.

"Why did you even call me Ms. Rein?" You are such a terrible agent. I am telling you here what I saw." She continued. "I better leave you now Ms. Rein." Then she left the room.

I don't know what to do. But then, I can say that she is somewhat telling what she really saw that night.

I should call dad now. I can't do this without him.

*****