CHAPTER 1

"I saw him! He killed her! He... he killed her! She was there at the comfort room retouching her make-up and I am inside the last cubicle. I heard her shouting. No one would hear her because all of the workers are gone by then. It is almost 8:00 pm." Ms. Hemmison said. She was scared it is visible in her eyes.

"But Ms. Hemmison, why didn't you called the police?" Mr. Jones asked. The head of the investigation.

"I was afraid. I don't know what to do. I am scared that I would make a noise and that Mr. Turner would found me. He might also kill me." She explained.

"I am just wondering Ms. Hemmison, why are you telling us all of these if you were scared? He might kill you once he found out that you witnessed it all?" I asked.

"Ms. Rein, I know your team would provide me security. I believe that. I don't want another crime to happen." She said looking at me?

Mr. Crooner, the owner of the factory showed up. He is wearing a suit.

"Good Morning. Once I've found out what happened last night I immediately fly here in Washington." He said.

"Mr. Crooner, I am Mr. Jones. We wanted to ask you some questions too. By the way, Ms. Hemmison you can leave now. We will call you back later."

Ms. Hemmison got out of the room.

"So" I started. "Mr. Crooner, how well do you know Ms. Hemmison?" and continued.

"Ms. Hemmison is such a hardworking employee. She is well, alone in life. I hired her because she pleadedqq to me. I gave her a chance and she proved herself." Mr. Crooner said.

"More than that Mr. Crooner. I mean, personal life." I said.

"Rein! I think you are over questioning Mr. Crooner. Thanks for your time Mr. Crooner. We'll just call you if we have some questions." Mr. Jones said and eyed me.

"Rein! You shouldn't have done that! I know what you are thinking!" He said after Mt. Crooner left.

"But... Dad. Mr. Jones I mean. I think Ms. Hemmison haven't told us everything. Part of me thinks, she is lying on some part. Maybe..." He cut me off.

"Don't think that way Rein. Don't conclude anything yet. We have just started our investigation."

"Mr. Jones, if she is saying that Mr. Turner killed that girl, and according to the autopsy Ms. Lean died at exactly 9:00 pm and Mr. Turner already left at 8:15 pm according to their records here." I said.

"I know. There are many loopholes in what Ms. Hemmison is saying. And I'm starting to doubt what she is saying. But then we found something there that we should consider. A pen, it's Mr. Turner's pen, with his finger prints in there." Mr. Jones said.

"Maybe we should call Mr. Turner now." I said.

After five minutes, Mr. Turner arrived.

"I believe you know that you are one of the suspects, Mr. Turner. We just have some questions for you." I said.

"That's fine." He said, almost relaxed? He is our primary suspect and he is relaxed? This case is so much harder than I thought it would be.

"What are you doing in the Ladies CR?" I asked.

"Well, I'm fetching her." He said.

"Who?" I asked.

"The girl who died, of course. Lean." He said casually like nothing happened.

"I.. I," Mr. Jones cut me off.

"Mr. Turner, when you came to the comfort room, what time it was? And why are you gonna fetch her?" He asked.

"First, we are sort of dating. And it is already 7:55 pm. Then, I didn't found her there so I thought she already left. So, I walk back to my office and get my things then timed out at exactly 8:15. Then at exactly 8:25 I am already at the parking lot." Mr. Turner said.

"I thought you two were dating, why did you left her?" I asked.

"Ms? Ms. I am not into a serious relationship. She is just a fling." He said.

"Oh" that was all I can say.

"I think I should go if you don't have questions any more. And by the way, I think I drop my pen out there. It's my favorite pen, maybe after the investigation you could return it to me?" He asked and walk out of the room. 

I don't know what to say. There is something in him. Then the door suddenly opened. And there we saw Ms. Hemmison.

*****