"Tick Tack"

You felt it in your bones. The helplessness. You wanted to cry, yet you do not want others to dim you emotional enough to suddenly break down.

You turn on the music. Max the volume. Singing along with the song. You wanted to avoid. That sound. That familiar sound you knew very well.

"Tick. Tack. Tick. Tack"

The clicking sounded like a clock, but you are meters away from it. Despite the booming sound and your voice singing along the lines, you heard it. You heard it like it was attached with your soul.

"Ahh, hear it is. That sound. I'm afraid. I'm afraid." The voice in me is screaming, wanting to be let out.

"I have to do something, I have to distract myself again. I'm afraid. I'm afraid"

The sound. So intense. I dont want this. I'm afraid.

I'm afraid.

I'm afraid.

Those are the only words my mind can utter.

There was once in my life. I was addicted by that sound. It was a comforting silence. The tranquility seeping in. I was drifting away but I was at peace. It was good. At first. But I suddenly realised I am slowly giving up to life. Then I become afraid.

I BECOME AFRAID.

"Tick. Tack. Tick. Tack."

This was never a comforting sound.

Because I was afraid. I am still afraid. And will forever be.

But I still hope that someday, I am not and will not anymore.