Chapter: 17

The last few weeks have been nothing but a roller coaster ride. This caused Adam and I had to have some disagreements too. We had our fair shares of arguments, but nothing too serious.

Whenever we fight, we give each other space instead of dragging the issue. We both hate fighting with each other, but when two people with different perspectives live with each other, then clashes are bound to happen. And these arguments are perfectly normal however, you should never let these arguments come in between your relationship.

Most of our fights happened due to my work. He thinks I am overworking myself, trying to financially support the house. But it is not the truth, we are touchwood not financially struggling or anything so I don't need to work extra to manage the expenses.

I do share the responsibility of the house, as it is not just his house it is our home. And he can't stop me from taking care of my home. This is something that he should learn to live with.

While on the other side, things are moving towards betterment, as Adam's efforts have finally started to show positive results and thankfully he has managed to get some clients too which is definitely a good start.

I am really happy for him as he has been working so hard to start everything from scratch.

"Hey, beautiful." Adam strolls inside the bedroom.

"What are you wearing?" I laugh looking at him.

He is wearing, checks button-up shirt with his boxers.

Glancing down, he chuckles as he walks more inside the room.

"Well, I just finished my video call with my client." He gives a boyish grin.

"In your boxers?"I arch my eyebrow in amusement.

"Well, he didn't know that." He shrugs as he starts unbuttoning his shirt, "He couldn't see what is below the table." He winks as he tosses his shirt in the laundry hamper and wears another t-shirt.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he hovers the study table to look at my work.

"These are really good." He picks up the finished designs on which I was working, then his eyes wander to the design on which I am currently working on.

"Thanks." I smile looking at him, while my heart flutters with happiness from his praise.

The happiness which you feel is totally something else when you get complimented for your work by your significant other. Because somewhere you want them to be proud of you.

Adam is really supportive and encourages me as he takes my work very seriously. He never made me feel that my work is less important than his work. Sometimes, he even helps me with designs as he gives his input and ideas when I am stuck somewhere. Although he doesn't understand much still he tries to help me in whichever way he can. And I am grateful for that.

However, his main concern is that he doesn't want me to tire myself, or overwork. Other than that he is fine with whatever I do.

"Why are you looking at me like this?" He smiles, and I realize I am still staring at him.

"Nothing, I just love you." I smile back.

"I love you, too." He pecks my lips then picks me up.

"Put me down, Adam." I slap his shoulder, "I am not done yet, I have to complete this work."

"No, now you will sleep." He puts me down on the bed, and quickly get inside as he wraps his arm around me so that I can't move, "You have been working since you came back home, you need rest now."

"I am not listening to anything, Hannah," he says sternly when I am about to protest, which makes me silent as I know better than to argue with him.

"Hannah." He sighs and kisses my forehead, "I know you want to finish all this work before your deadline, but sleep is important too. You are hardly sleeping, and you look tired." He looks at me with a concerned-filled gaze.

"If you want I can talk to Beth-" He speaks, but I interrupt him.

"No, Adam, you will not do such a thing." I shake my head, "She has shown her trust in me and I will not let her down."

"Okay, I will not talk to her about this." He softly smiles, "But only if you will look after yourself and don't put too much stress on yourself."

"I hate watching you stressed, I feel like maybe I am lacking somewhere," He speaks quietly, "You know that I can take care of you, right? You don't have to do anything."

"Adam, I know that." Holding his face, I smile at my idiot, "I am used to working like this, it is just that now you are more at home that is why it seems odd to you."

Earlier I used to finish my work before he used to return from work, or late at night when he used to fall asleep. Because I don't want to compromise on our us time. But now when he works from home as the place he rented out for his office is renovating, so he watches me working more often than usual.

"However, this assignment is really important for me, as for the first time I will get a chance to showcase my designs in front of everyone. So this is kind of a big deal for me and I want to give my hundred percent." I nervously bite my lower lip, "I don't want anyone to say that I am undeserving, and only got this chance because of mom." I share my fear with him.

"Hey, look at me." He lifts my face with his fingers, "Don't think about anything of this, just focus on your work. People will talk no matter what, even if you give your best. So, just don't let these talks get to you. You don't need to prove anything to anyone. If there is someone whom you need to prove yourself... it is you, no one else."

"Do you think I will be able to pull off this responsibility well?" I ask him, needing his assurance.

"Girl, you are Hannah who is confident and smart." He kisses the tip on my nose, "So never doubt yourself or your talent, my beautiful wife. I know you will do your best."

Keeping my head on his chest, I wrap my arm around him while releasing a contented sigh.

It is strange how nearly a month back, I was the one who was encouraging him, and now he is the one who is being my support.

Marriage is a strange, yet scary thing if you are lucky you will find lifelong support and best friend in your partner. While on the other hand, there is also a possibility that you might get tied to the person who leaves no stone unturned to make your life a mess.

However, I am one of the fortunate ones, whose marriage brought nothing but happiness in their life. Even with his flaws and imperfections, Adam is the perfect husband and I am blessed to have him as my life partner. He understands me and never makes me feel inferior in any way.

The best relationship is not the one in which the other person completes you. It is the one when the other person makes you realize that you are completely on your own.

Adam never fails to show me that I am my own person, and I have an individual voice and I should never hesitate to use that voice. I am a daughter, sister, and now a wife but first I am just Hannah. This is something that he made me realize. His this quality makes me fall in love with him more.

I have an individual identity, but in my heart, I will always be only his Hannah.

"Adam, thank you for everything." Leaning my head slightly back, I kiss his jaw. "Your support means so much to me."

"You will always find me right by your side, no matter what," He softly says, "Because I love you, beautiful." He captures my lips in a sweet kiss making my heart smile.