Chapter: 3

The wedding day came quicker then I have thought, and within twenty fours I would be a married woman.

But strangely, I am not worried about being married to Adam, however, I do have slight nervousness as my life is about to take a big turn.

In these past few days, how much I have known Adam I realized he is really a kind and friendly person. He doesn't have any stupid male ego.

The way he treats Abigail as if she is his own sister makes him more likable.

Honestly, I have started to like him. Well, it is hard not to when he is so caring and attentive.

My phone rings just when I about to head out for my girls' night.

"Hey," I answer Adam's call, slightly surprised he is calling when he should be enjoying his bachelor's party.

"Can we meet?" He asks, "I just wanted to meet you, feel like talking to you." He sighs softly.

"Yeah, sure." I can feel my excitement increasing just by the thought of meeting him.

"I am outside your house," he informs me and I walk outside the house to meet him.

He drives the car and stops in front of some park, but doesn't show any sign of getting out of the car. I can feel there is something which is bothering him, so I wait for him to talk.

"Hannah, I want to ask you something." He glances at me, and holds my hand, "I know this is going to be an arranged marriage, some people think we are doing stupidity by directly jumping into marriage. But I want to know what do you think, are you having any second thoughts about it?" He asks, looking as if saying these words are causing him pain.

"No, I am sure I want to get married to you. I don't have any doubts." Without thinking, I cup his cheek trying to assure him.

Closing his eyes, he leans into my touch while his body visibly relaxes.

"I am ready to settle in my life. I want to share my life with someone who I can trust and love. And I see that someone in you. I know we don't know each other for long, but what I know is that you are the kind of person I want to take this step with. We don't love each other, we have just become friends. Still in my heart, I believe I can't find a better person than you."

Tears prick in my eyes, hearing these words. Each of his words is laced with honesty. His emotions directly reach my heart, strengthening my decision to marry him.

Even though there was never a doubt, but after hearing this, even the slightest doubts are cleared. So, what I have just met him? No matter, what anyone thinks or says, I am doing the right thing. After all, life is all about taking chances and here my heart is telling me to take this chance with him.

It is hard to find a person with a heart of gold, and here I have found a gem of a person.

"Adam, do not forget to hold your heart, when tomorrow your bride will walk down the aisle and will take each step towards you." I smile wiping my tears, "Because your bride, Hannah Prescott, has every intention to steal your heart away from you."

"I will be gladly waiting for my bride to take what will be rightfully hers." Holding my face he places a kiss on my forehead.

"I want to kiss you right now." He chuckles and caresses my cheeks with his thumbs, "But I think this wait of a few hours will be worth it. As when I will kiss you for the first time, that kiss will mark the beginning of our future together."

He pulls me closer to him and wraps his arms around me. Hugging him back, I can already see myself falling for him.

***********************************************

Thank you for reading.