The Important Terms

Ideas are a great way to begin. I usually take a pen and notepad wherever i go, you never know when a story idea will come up out of nowhere, even if its just a name, idea or part.

Sometimes, when i don't know how to start / begin a story, i most likely begin at a chapter i know what i want in it, then i join them all together, combining it and converting it to a story.

There are plenty of genres to choose from, if you have no ideas at all, totally blank, well, read other storires, ones you like, in the categories you enjoy, you might get an idea that way, there's many ways.

If you have an idea for a part of your story, but haven't even started or anywhere near the part you want to begin, don't throw away the part, go and write it, then return to the original one you were working on. Trust me, it'll work.

WHEN YOUR IN A WRITERS BLOCK:

ooo, sadly i cannot help you here, writers block is when , if you ask oen of my friends, is when you get to a part, and have absolutely NO IDEA what to do, AT ALL! Sorry, but this is a tough one, i will reccomend , search up some ways to rid of it.

DRAMA NOT GOOD ALL THE TIME:

 As the title states, don't make everything go as planned for the main character, whether its humerous or sorrowful, make something happen to the character that is bad, like if a best friend of the main character dies, or he/she gets a detention, or something in that line. Twists are also a good way to create a more better professional story like the greats. Not everything that happens to the character must be bad, with Harry Potter, personally, i love the way the writer created it, she put too much drama stuff into it. Like how in divergent, her parents die. { oops spoiler alert }

RESEARCH:

In the book i am currently reading, 'clan of the cave bear', the writer actually travelled and made loads of research to create a much more intriguing story, and geez, did she succeed. So if you need to set your story in some place, then research is the number 1 key! With lord of the rings, they made up the world. I like making maps for the story, it attracts more readers, and it helps them get the idea your trying to come across for them. Put yourself in their shoes, and think, should i?

have you ever read something with a map, and thought, why not? and sort of, yes, maybe peaked at it a couple of times to get the idea, well now you know why they use it.

Publishing:

If you love yoru story and really want to publish it, calm down, and have a cup of 'calm the hell down', alright? and don't sue the publisher if they do not publish your book, it might have spelling mistakes and grammar fixing, it wasn't good maybe, other people have tastes. Find out what was wrong with it, then fis it if its fixable, if they say they do not like the entire story, then pick up and leave and find someone else, because the writer of Harry Potter (JK Rolling ) was denied many times before it became the best selling books of all time! Who knows, you might be the next phenononem!