10 | involute

2 weeks later...

Saturday Night

"Bitch, what the hell is happening to you?" Kelly asked, worried. She could barely look sy the clots of blood in the sink. "Damn. Here." He handed the box of tissue to Cheryl. "Are you dizzy or something?"

"I'm fine. Gosh." Cheryl closed the faucet and took a few leaves of tissue to dry up her nose. "This will pass."

"Clearly not a normal body condition?" Kelly followed Cheryl to the bed. "This is fucking serious and you should see a doctor. I'm not living here to monitor you and Martha's on leave."

"I'm fine, Kelly," Cheryl reassured, tucking herself under the covers. "This isn't a serious one. Don't worry.

Kelly disagreed through her bland face. She lazily sat on the bed's footer and said, "What do you mean by fine? Vomiting? Nose Bleeding? On and off high fever at night, rashes? Are you insane?"

Cheryl hummed. She didn't quite listen to her; she was busy scrolling through her social media feed.

"If I can't convince you, I'll talk to Toni," Kelly dared. "That's the only wa-"

"No!" Cheryl instantly replied. "You're not doing that, Kelly. She's out of this."

"So, will you see a doctor now?" Kelly raised an eyebrow. "I'm not giving you an option, anyway. This or that?"

Cheryl sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine. Just don't tell Toni about this. I don't want her to worry."

"Aww, cute," Kelly teased. "Isn't it obvious? She likes you."

Cheryl rolled her eyes. "Nah, she only sees me as a friend. She's like that in every friend of hers. What makes me special, right?"

Kelly scoffed. She could smell her jealousy. "Let me be your wingman, then. Let's see."

Southside

Whyte Wyrm

Toni kept crying on her arms. She was surrounded by her friends who tried their best to comfort her.

Jughead patted her shoulder gently. He didn't know what else to do. "I'm sorry about this."

Toni reclined, wiping her damp face with her hands. "I don't know what I'm gonna do. I needed that fund."

"Is there anything more stupid than your Uncle Brian? What the fuck is his problem?" Fangs was pissed. "If only our trailer had enough space, you won't have to deal with him anymore."

"I'm gonna beat his ass up," SP mumbled madly. "I fucking swear."

"Pea, that's not gonna help," Jughead calmly argued. "What about Ronnie? Did you tell her?"

Toni nodded, shedding soft tears. She was in clear misery just by looking at her eyes. "She's coming and I'm-"

"Toni." Veronica hurriedly walked to her. "Hey." She immediately gave her a hug. She knew how much Toni needed that. "Cover her shift for tonight," she told Fangs. "Let's get back to your trailer, come on."

As soon as they arrived, Toni led them both to the couch.

"How many did he take?" Veronica asked, frustrated. "Please, tell me it's not that bad."

"Three thousand five hundred dollars," Toni muttered, weeping again. "He took everything."

"WHAT?!" Veronica was flabbergasted. "What the fuck? How did he know you had that money?"

Toni shrugged. "That was for my med school." She broke down crying again. "What am I gonna do?"

Veronica pulled her in a warm embrace. "Let me lend you some money for now. You don't have to worry about it."