C H A P T E R 1

a/n

so basically this is my first story lol. i realized there's a lack of wlw twd fanfic and decided to try to write lol. I may be enrolled in AP English classes but my creative writing word choice sucks sometimes (just poet things) so sometimes the word choice will be either too simplified or too extravagant, no in between lol. im emotionally unstable so the upload schedule may be a little iffy.. im warning you in advance lol

thx for reading tho hehe

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Eliza opened her eyes, vision faltered. She couldn't see straight and could only make out the sounds of the growling walkers beneath her. 

She collected her vision and looked to her left and caught a glimpse of a distraught Glenn. Not having the strength to talk she proceeded to look around. Eliza realized she was on a remnant piece of what was now her former home. 

Looking over the edge she could see the courtyard where she used to have meals with her family. She could imagine Carl, the sweetest boy you could imagine, entertaining his little sister on the benches. She could see Beth, singing her songs while everyone sat and listened attentively. 

"Oh I hope they're okay," Eliza thought in her head. 

"Maggie?" Glenn called out with a strained voice into the open, unwelcoming, air. "I-I don't think she's here," Eliza whispered to Glenn, motioning towards the sea of undead groaning from below. 

Glenn paid Eliza no mind, shaking the bars next to him, looking for some sort of stable ground he could shift his weight onto, "Maggie!" He shouted out one more time. 

The dead started to get more active as they heard the noise Glenn was making, hands reaching up, attempting to get a grab at one of them. Glenn started looking around, searching for any indication that Maggie was okay. He notices another section of the prison across the way but, he decided to turn on his heel and go through the door behind him. Eliza turned as well and followed him inside, not before grabbing her knife on the side opposite to her. 

Inside, Glenn reached above his head, finding a previously stashed lantern. They quietly made their way down an empty hallway, ending up in a cell block. Eliza heard Glenn cough so she looked over and noticed the smoke filling the deserted cell block, the hints of smoke lingered and reminded Eliza that they were potentially alone. 

Glenn raised his gun and started looking through his cell. When he realized no one was in there he lowered his gun and laid on the bed, finally letting the tears fall. This was the first time he noticed Eliza's presence. She sat on the foot of his bed, touching his knee the same way a mother rubs her child's head to comfort them, "We'll find her Glenn," Eliza spoke in a soft voice. 
"How do you know that?" Glenn snapped, "I'm sorry, I just really need her. I can't lose her, she's everything to me, there's still so much we need to do," Glenn said after noticing the look of shock on Eliza's face when he had switched moods so fast. 

"I know you are, and you will, I promise. We will find her," Eliza said, restoring the gentleness in her voice. 

Glenn sat up and pulled out a polaroid, it was a picture of Maggie sleeping. He clenched his hands in a praying position, crying, worshipping the very existence that is Maggie Greene

All of a sudden Glenn wipes his face, erasing the vulnerability from his eyes. He got up and started rummaging through the room, looking for supplies. 

"Get ready, go to your cell and get everything you'll need, we're going to find Maggie," Glenn whispered, in case any walkers had stumbled into the prison after the destruction, "meet me back here in about 5 minutes." 

Glenn went out to main area of the cell block, finding anything he might need before making his way upstairs. Eliza went to her cell, the one she had previously shared with the younger Greene sister, Beth. They were the best of friends despite Eliza being closer to Maggie's age, Beth's older sister. They were alike in a lot of ways; small but mighty. Eliza grabbed her bag and started shoving clothes and books inside, not forgetting the dehydrated fruits on the table across from the beds. 

She reached down to grab her gun in order to put it in her belt and stumbled across Beth's necklace. Eliza grabbed it and quickly stashed in her pocket next to her photo album. She pulled out her album, pressed a quick kiss to the glossed over memory of her family at her brother's little league game and caught a tear rolling down her cheek. She missed all of her family, blood or not. She just hoped that everyone was okay.

She found her way back to Glenn but this time he had the riot gear on, alcohol bottle in hand but Eliza didn't question him; he was hurting. They walked out of the prison, Glenn was pushing walkers back, helping make a path for Eliza. They got trampled and cornered but Glenn pushed through, determined to find Maggie and prove the little voice inside his head saying "She's dead," wrong. They turn around and see another girl fenced in, slouched over. Glenn was ready to move forward but stopped when he heard Eliza yell, "She's alive!"

Walkers were pressing their faces against the chain link, trying to get at this girl; yet, she had no reaction. Glenn pushed through to the walkers, walking into the fence. Immediately after walking in Glenn ripped the gun from her hands, checking the clip. He took off his helmet, "It's full, did you even fire a shot?" The girl shook her head, not taking her eyes off of what was in front of her. Glenn realized she hadn't fired at them at all so he was convinced to bring her along, "All right, let's go."

When the girl didn't move he said it louder, "Let's go," when she still did not respond Glenn crouched to her level, "Are you just gonna stay here, huh?" Glenn continued, "You're just gonna die?" She finally responded, looking up at Eliza and Glenn, glances lingering, "I was part of this." The walkers started to get more riled up, clawing deeper at the fences, skinning their own flesh just to get a grab at one of them. Glenn took a breath and started speaking again, "I know," Eliza started to get more worried looking around every corner, making sure there was no way a walker could get in. The girl responded, confused, "Then what are you doing?" Glenn made eye contact, "We need your help."   

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

a/n pt 2 lol

im aware it's not the best but like it makes me happy! if you read this just know i appreciate you and you're the best, i love you. :( 

xxxxx 

r