chapter fifteen.

LAUREN'S POV

I couldn't fall back asleep no matter how much I tried after that phone call with Leo. It was all I could think about. I looked at the clock after god knows how long. It was almost 9am. The kids were going to get up soon and I have barely slept. 

I just don't even know what to do right now. First off, the fact that this girl had kissed Leo is what made me upset the most. He knew what he was doing by going to that club and I'm surprised he even said yes to going. And second, how is it that he has enough time to go out clubbing with people from his work but he barely has time to call or text his wife and kids?

To say I was frustrated would be an understatement. I was hurt, upset, and tired. 

I knew that when he took that job in Seattle that things would change for us. However, I didn't know that they would change like this. 

I had to push the thoughts to the side in order to get up and get breakfast ready for the kids. I couldn't forget about my family, unlike the kids father seems to have done.

I checked my phone, which I hadn't really checked since after the call with Leo. Of course he had left me many text messages after the call, but I had ignored them. I was really not in the mood to talk to him and I meant it when I said that it was best if he didn't talk to me or the kids for a few days. 

After getting ready for the day, I headed downstairs to start to make breakfast and start making coffee as well. I was going to need it after barely getting any sleep last night. The kids probably won't get up for another twenty minutes or so.

My phone vibrated again, and I thought it would be someone from work or even a friend, but to my surprise, it was Leo. It was after six in the morning where he was, so I don't know why he was still up. There was also a text from Leo's mom as well. 

I bought four plane tickets for you, the kids, and my mom to come to Seattle tomorrow for a few days. No excuses in not coming because my mother agreed to come along with you. Clear your schedule. Since you won't answer my texts, I have to do this. We need to talk and I need to see the kids. See you later. Love you, as always. Leo's text read. 

I felt my heart drop as I read the text. There was no way I could refuse going to see him considering that he had already told his mother and I really had no excuse to tell her the kids and I could not go. She hasn't seen Leo in awhile and I would feel awful if I took away the chance for her to see her family. 

Good morning, miss Lauren! I am so excited that you and Leo surprised me with a trip to Seattle as an early birthday gift! I've heard it is so pretty there. I will see you and the kids tomorrow morning. Can't wait!! 

I grew more frustrated as I read the text. It seems as if Leo lied and made it seem like we bought his mom a ticket to go on a "trip" for her birthday, which is clearly not the case. I should have expected this from him. It's not like I could talk to his mom about the problems that Leo and I have been having either because it's all just too much of a mess right now. 

I clicked on Leo's contact name and began to type out a text to him. 

Real smooth telling your mother that we bought these tickets as an early birthday present for her. So out of respect for your mother and to make her happy, I will come along for the trip. I'm still very mad and upset with you. See you tomorrow. 

I pressed send and set my phone down on the counter. I didn't even know what to think right now. The fact that I'll be seeing Leo after what he did last night and barely talking to the kids and I for days was frustrating. 

I heard the little patter of footsteps come down the stairs. The kids were up and I had barely even begun to make breakfast! Dakota came into the kitchen, looking so very tired, and Beau was not too far behind her. 

"Good morning you two," I smiled and turned the stove on to begin making pancakes. "How did you guys sleep?"

"I'm tired," Dakota groaned, making me laugh.

"Well, I have a surprise for you two," I said, making them look excited instantly. 

"What is it?! Are we getting a horse?" Dakota screamed.

"No, we're not getting a horse!"

Beau raised his hand, as if he were in a classroom, "Are we going to Disney?" He asked.

"Nope," I smiled. "Even better. We're going to see daddy tomorrow!"