e i g h t e e n

Haruka rubbed his head slowly after I hit him several times. Gently, of course. We were on our way to separate as his house was located opposite from my road.

"Let's meet this Sunday. We'll go together" Haruka shouted and we parted to our own ways. I arrived home a little later than usual and it was already dark out there.

The house was kinda dark when I opened the door. I rushed to the switch and turn on the living room's light and quickly went to take a shower.

-

I woke up a bit later than usual as it was weekend and that was even because of my phone's ringtone that haven't stop ringing for a while.

I picked it up and brought the phone to my ear without knowing the caller.

"Kai, are you still asleep?" I woke up from the bed lazily, the sleep was still lingering in my head as I look at the clock.

"It's only 6 am Dad" I croaked out the answer and yawned quietly trying to not fall asleep. Dad chuckled on the other line and told me that he was gonna be at the apartment by 10 AM before he urged me to get showered.

"Yeah, yeah Dad I'll be waiting for you" I ended the call and went to the curtain and open it. The view of the sun rising was ethereal as the light was slowly lit up the whole city. I get showered and planning to have a light breakfast while waiting for my parents.

By the time of 10:30, mom and dad arrived. I opened the door and was quickly engulfed by a tight hug by mom.

"Mama, hi" I hugged her back and looked over to dad as he nodded his head, smiling at me.

"We won't be long but I want you to come back home here and there, okay?" Mama reminded me in which I just said yes.

I guided them inside as mama offered to cook us a brunch and we ate together.

"Oh, Kai-chan. Haruka told me that you are with Anna Nishikinomiya. Is that her name?" I grabbed the water and drank it swiftly.

"Not you too, dad. Yes her name is Anna Nishikinomiya but we're not together" Mama chuckled at my reaction, already knowing the full story.

"Oh? So it's the Nishikinomiya" dad seemed amused with the fact.

"Then, Anna must be pure" I tensed up when mama said that because whatever happened these past few days was just not it.

"You can't forget her?" Dad asked when we finished eating and currently at the living room. I looked at him for a moment before nodding.

"I miss her actually" I added earning a pitiful smile from him. Dad understood that she was my first love and it hurts me so bad.

"Why would she kept it a secret..." I said under my breathe, whimpering as I felt like crying. Mama was quick to comfort me by hugging me but that just made me tearing up.

"It's okay Kai-chan. By any chance, you should be happy for her. She told us herself that she wanted you to be happy" I let go from the hug, wiping the tears on my cheeks and looked up to mama then dad.

"When did she said that?" Mama told me the whole story from how she met with mama when I was not around just to tell her last wish for me.

Those once a mere compliment turned to be the last thing I would see her. I couldn't stop bringing myself to blame as to why I can't save her.

"Let's meet her anytime, okay?" I nodded at dad's words before they needed to take their leave and with me, a shattered piece of a broken heart tied tightly on my chest.