Preface

Year 1884, The middle of nowhere.
                                  ~
      It was now dusk, the sun had met the horizon and I had to get back. I carried the wood on my back that I had just chopped throughout the course of the day.
      Summer was coming to an end and I could only hope I had enough wood to get me through this winter.  The air had grown colder, it became harder to walk. I had gotten used to walking alone in the forest at night. Oddly enough, the woods were the safest place I could be. Albeit there were strength in numbers, I did not have that option. 
      I hobbled my sore body inside the old cottage that was falling apart. There was a strong possibility it would fall burring me under while I slept in the night. I slept near the rotted wooden door should it happen.
      The cold caused my breath to form a cloud. A frost coated the ground. Howells erupted nearby. Initially, they frightened me. But then, I remembered that animals wanted nothing to do with me anyhow.
      A shiver ran down my spine. I didn't have enough material to keep me warm. I longed for a fire but it was no good at night, for I would risk discovery.  There was no longer a place in this world for the once well known Lady Katharine Arcane.
      My body began to ache from the cold. If the point was in fact survival, I wasn't doing it well. I needed a fire. I lifted my self up from the floor of the run-down cottage, and grabbed the kindling. I set up the logs and chipped away at the flint and steal. I managed to create a small flame on the dried up weeds and twigs I had saved. I lightly blew onto the flame causing it to grow bigger. Then I carefully placed it at the base.
      My hands burned from the cold, I placed them near the fire and gradually added wood as it was needed. 
      Step...step...step. I suddenly heard something nearby. Step...step...step. I shot up, although my tired body resisted sudden movement. I grabbed my small dagger from my waste ban.
      "Whose there?" I kept my voice calm. Step...step...step...

To be continued...

Author's note: ( I never read these 😅)
Hello my dear fellow weebs! I edited as best as I could but of course true art is never done.
My sister is willing to be my editor, however she is in fact a normie. 😞 Let's make her love anime!
Author: Chloe LaRain
Editor: Liz ( Idk what name she would like to go by)