𝟰𝟯 - 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲 | 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗻

If there was five more minutes of air
Would you panic and hide?
Or run for your life?
Or stand here and spend them with me?
If we had five more minutes
Would I, could I make you happy?

If there was five more minutes of airWould you panic and hide?Or run for your life?Or stand here and spend them with me?If we had five more minutesWould I, could I make you happy?

I had been trying to scrub off the smudges of blood for the past few minutes, but I had gotten stained in places that I didn't even want to mention.

Harry was supposed to join me in the shower, but he kinda shut down, I guess? I don't know who this Horan guy was, but if he was someone Harry knew, then I couldn't begin to imagine how he must be feeling.

I knew what betrayal tasted like, so I wasn't going to push him into talking to me. From what Arthur told us, I knew Niall worked with Harry, but I didn't know how close they were in order for Harry to feel like this.

I guess this type of shit isn't as common for regular people as it is for us, being a killer or a thief means getting betrayed a lot of times. I even betrayed people myself, but I figured normal people don't find out about assets everyday.

After dear Mr. Fox told us about Niall, I asked him some more questions and killed him afterwards. It wasn't necessary, I could've left him to bleed out if I wanted to, but the blood was starting to make my skin itch and I needed to take a shower as soon as possible.

I nearly fell on my ass when I stepped into the shower cubicle, my head was still spinning lightly and the wound was throbbing for dear life. I had never gotten a concussion before and I wasn't sure if this was a good or a bad sign, I just knew it hurt like a bitch.

I guess acting all tough while I tortured Arthur wasn't exactly a good idea, I could've easily let someone else do it for me, but I needed to relish the thrill and adrenaline of the moment before I lost my mind. It had been over a month since I last tortured someone and I couldn't say I didn't miss it.

I wasn't scared of admitting how much I enjoyed the taste of blood, metaphorically speaking, but sometimes maybe it came out as a bit too much. I couldn't even begin to count how many people had cut me off after finding out my obsession with it.

Ironic though... the feeling of it on my skin was starting to annoy me a bit.

Maybe the nightmare brought me back to those past memories, it had been a while since I had one and the blood was just a reminder of everything that happened. It gave me a momentary relief, but as soon as Arthur was dead, it all came barging in once more.

I didn't exactly remember what happened that night, only the basics, but there sure was an unhealthy amount of blood... my blood.

I wasn't in the mood to start reliving it all over again, so I wasted no time in heading towards the bathroom. And that's when I discovered the smears of blood all over my body. My hand tattoo was completely covered and there was a handprint on my face that I wasn't even aware existed.