𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱༊*·˚

"Strawberry?" Mirae asked, noticing her friend's new taste in ice cream.

"The baby asked for it," Sana said, showing the fact that ever since her pregnancy started, she's been craving new things or just irregular food choices.

"Is that a lemon slice on top" Shocked to see the food combination, it must be normal though.

"Don't ask me, I don't know either" She smiled widely, putting the whole lemon slice in her mouth, there it is, the intense reaction from the sourness. 

"Do you want another one? I can order-" She offered.

"No, I would rather enjoy this ice cream," She said with a still reaction from the lemon slice, swallowing every second from the salvation. "Gosh since when do I even like sour food," She asked herself, sighing but scooped away on her ice cream anyway.

"You don't have to" She assured, feeling like she might bother her friend.

"But I want to, I have nothing else to do back at work anyway" Mirae pouted, "Please, I want to see my niece" Swinging Sana's arm back and forth like a child.

"A fetus and you don't know if it's a girl, it could be a boy too"

"I can sense it" Making signal signs with my hands beside her head, causing Sana to chuckle softly at her friend.

"Why, because you know that I want it to be a girl?" She asked.

"I'm just manifesting" Mirae tilted her head and looked up to her with blinking eyes.

"Everything seems good, you're healthy, the baby is healthy, although and I can't stress this enough, as the baby grows, it is expected that you would gain some weight." He paused to look at the report paper, "And it is completely fine, right now you are severely underweight for being 10 weeks pregnant."

Sana only licked her lips, accepting the result as it is.

"I'll make sure she'll keep both herself and the baby healthy with daily intakes of nutrients, plus her body is naturally built small, I think it's fair to say she doesn't need to put on much weight yet" Mirae tried to defence, in all honesty, she knew Sana didn't like the fact that every time she visits, her weight is always brought up. It's one thing that she doesn't like gaining weight, but another when she can't, no matter how much food she stuffs herself, she just feels sick right after, so most of the time she just ends up vomiting them out.

"I understand, women these days like to keep their body in shape to still keep their husband attracted to them but if-" 

"No, it's fine, I get it" Sana cut off the doctor, not wanting her to talk anymore as she has had enough. "Will that be all?" She asked quickly, the doctor only nodded before prescribing some more vitamins, she only took the paper and left without saying anything. 

"I'll take my leave too" Mirae hurriedly stood up to push in both of hers and Sana's chair, leaving the doctor sighs.

"What a crazy woman, who does she think she is, gosh she brings it up every time" Sana fasten her seat belt in delicate anger.

"She's the one to check up on you every time?" 

She only nodded before backing the car out of its parking lot.

"Hey, Mirae?" During the quiet ride back to Mirae's house as Sana insisted on driving her home.

"Yeah?" She replied, eyes still on her phone to read something.

"What if, I say we go on a blind double date" She suggested, licking her lips once again from nervousness, she wasn't sure how her friend would react.

"All of the sudden?" Mirae asked, finally locking the phone to its black screen.

"It just, I don't think I have the mentality to raise this baby alone-"

"-Well isn't that why I offered to stay with you?" She interrupted, not really against the idea but was just genuinely wondering.

"No, listen, it's different, you know..." She trailed off. "I want to move on, I don't want to have to think of my baby daddy every second whenever I think of my baby"

Mirae took a moment before answering with a hum, "I see, in that case, sure, I don't mind" 

"Did your date say his friend needed a date or?"

"Yeah, apparently they're both models" She chuckled, probably remembering how they started to talk.

"He admitted to having been following me on Instagram for a while, not until later when he had reached out, and we started talking every day." But her expression saddens, "I want to move on, I really do, I hope this works out" She admitted.

She only looked at her friend from aside, knowing exactly how that feels, the pain of wanting to forget someone but can't, unable to resist the pleasure of thoughts that filled her head whenever she thinks of him, it was still there, it sticks to her, achingly.

"Funny enough, he wanted to meet and said he doesn't want to seem creepy or make me uncomfortable on the first day so he recommended we do a double date" She explained.

"So when is it?" She asked, eyeing the views outside her window, deeply in her thoughts but still her consciousness of the convo.

"This Friday, 6:30 pm at Lian flower hotel, if you go to the reception and say it's a reservation for Mr. Kim, they'll take you to us" 

"Sounds good"

Is there anyone here that celebrates the Lunar New year? If yes, Happy New Year to you guys, I hope you all well and healthy, good grades and high success with good achievements :))

Thank you for reading~