Prentiss

⚠️⚠️ TW: violence⚠️⚠️

She found herself chasing a man down an alley. The same man who killed five people in front of their families. She wanted to catch that son of a bitch to bring justice to his victims, but also because he tried to kill Spencer and JJ when they caught him. After all those years they were her family, along with Rossi, Hotch, Morgan and Garcia; she would've risked everything to keep them safe.
The UnSub found a door to a warehouse but she didn't gave up, so she entered the building and told everyone their position to have backup. She turned on her flashlight and began to search every single spot of every room in there. She heard someone behind her, so she turned her head, hoping it was the team. Instead, she felt an unexpected pain and she blacked out...

When she woke up she felt her hands tied with tape and looked around to see where she was. A man emerged from the dark and went in front of her with a smirk on his face, Emily knew the team was on its way but she needed to take time and get into his mind.

"You know that my team is coming. Or probably, they're already here." she said calmly to avoid some wrong move.

The man laughed at her. "Oh agent, agent. Are you really that smart? I don't think so." he said with the same smirk that never disappeared from his face.

Then he took a baseball bat and hit her on her stomach. And in that moment she knew he took her in a different place. Even tho he hit her on the stomach, the pain was all over her body and she began to feel numb, but she couldn't give up. She looked at him in the eyes, hiding her pain and tried to remember everything they said when they were building the profile, it must've helped her.

"Do you think they're gonna save you, don't you?" he laughed again, and before she could even say a word he hit her in the same spot. And she blacked out again.

Meanwhile the team discovered where he was holding Emily thanks to Garcia, so they turned on the sirens on the SUVs and tried to go as fast as they could. Hotch and JJ arrived first and entered the building, while Morgan, Reid and Rossi took the other side.

"Jackson White, FBI show me your hands!" Hotch screamed at the top of his lungs, when he entered the room and found them. He was holding a knife on Emily's neck and looked at him with the biggest smile. JJ followed the voices and found the room. The feeling that invaded her body when she saw Emily was indescribable. She felt her eyes filling with tears but she couldn't show that to the UnSub.

"Ready to say goodbye to that "smart" friend of yours?" he asked holding Emily's unconscious body, the knife still on her neck.

"Jackson let her go. You don't have to do that." Hotch said after noticing that JJ couldn't say a word.
"Or I could walk out of here without being arrested. Your choice, this bastard's life or an innocent man out free. THIS IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!" he shouted pressing the knife on her neck and Emily woke up.

She looked at them and smiled, feeling the blade on her skin and knowing what's about to happen. "I will not allow you to let this son of a bitch go. I know what he wants." Emily said. She looked at JJ and she wanted to say something, but she couldn't. She just closed her eyes and was ready to feel the blade cutting her skin.

"NO! I swear to God Emily..." JJ screamed and leveled the gun to Jackson's head. "Let her go, NOW!"
He laughed at her and he was ready to cut her throat, but Hotch planted a bullet in his head before it was too late. The man fell and Emily slipped from his arms.

"Emily!" JJ run to her and took the agent into her arms. "What were you thinking?! She wanted to kill you in front of your family, he knew it would've been his last chance."
Emily slowly opened her eyes and looked at JJ smiling, then she heard the sirens from outside and the rest of the team around her.

She was safe. She was alive. Her team, her family, saved her again. And she was so grateful for that, but in that moment she could barely keep her eyes open while she was being taken to the hospital. But she also kept thinking that when he was about to kill her, her last thought was JJ. Well, JJ was a recurring thought, but in that moment, the last thing she wanted to see was the woman she always loved. And she fell asleep with that thought in her mind.

—————————————

Hii!! This is my first story in a while, I hope you like it🥺  I know this is short but I promise the next chapter will be longer!!
Also, English isn't my first language so pls if you notice some mistakes don't judge💔 You can tell me everything to make it better🥰

- prvntissbby