ch 2- 9:12 am

i wake up the next morning to gina blasting nicki minaj in the living room. she's dancing around while vacuuming the floor.

"good morning love bug!" she squeals as she turns the vacuum off.

"why are you so happy? it's- it's like, i don't know 8 am." i groan as i slump into the couch. i rub my eyes and glare at the curly haired girl who has a big smile on her face.

"i met a boy." her smile grows bigger and she sits on the couch with me.

"awh! you did? really?! what's his name? and- how did you meet? it's literally...", i look around for my phone but realize i left it in my bedroom. i quickly run to my desk and unplug it and check the time. 9:12 am, "it's literally 9 am. i know you're a morning bird but there's no way you managed to meet a guy this early."

"you're right, last night, after you went to sleep, i decided that maybe i should face my fears of perverted drunk men and go to a bar! so i got there, and i sit down. i order this, like, red drink and i don't know it tasted disgusting. so i then gave it to some random drunk girl, so i just got a water. but i met this boy, and he's really cute guy!"

9 pm, shooting star bar

"hey! not so into the big drinking thing i see." a tall curly haired boy sits down in the seat next to gina.

gina turns to face him and smiles, "yeah... definitely a water person."

"i'm ricky." he extends his hand to the petite girl, and she does the same. they shake hands and smile. the night goes on and they're still talking.

"i should uhm, i should probably go. it was super fun meeting you ricky." gina says as she pulls out her cash to pay for her many waters and sodas.

"oh.. alright! but before you go, can i get your number?"

"hm... no. i'm a big rom-com girl, and after watching a lot of those, i've learned some things. if we are supposed to happen," she motions her fingers between the two, "then we'll run into each other again. don't miss me too much, you'll never get over me."

present time

"gina! you didn't give him your number?!" i slap ginas shoulder which earns her to kick my ankle.

"it's fine, nins. we'll meet again. i will make sure of it. and he doesn't have my last name so he can't just find my instagram."

+

i'm playing my guitar for gina when my phone rings, it's ej.

"hey babe! what's up?" i get up from the couch and go inside my bedroom.

"hey... nina. i know it's like a rude thing to do to break up with someone over a call.. but i just have to.  i cant keep lying. i met someone else. her names brianna and i've been talking with her for a couple weeks now. i'm sorry. it's over." he hangs up the phone and doesn't give me a chance to say anything. the water fills my eyes and i fall off my bed, but i don't care. i just cry, and cry, and cry.