Home

And it's alright

Calling out for somebody to hold tonight

When you're lost, I'll find a way and I'll be your light

You will never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home

***

With my eyes still closed, I lay under the blanket and enjoyed the soothing warmth that enveloped me and had driven the oppressive cold of the last few hours out of my limbs to the last.

A few minutes ago I had been brought out of my dreamless sleep by a slightly piquant smell in my nose.

"Mhh," I inhaled deeply and pleasurably, "it smells good in here. It's nice to wake up like this."

I stretched and yawned profusely.

"Well, slept in?" called Liam from the kitchen, poking his head through the door.

"Pretty much," I yawned again. "I'm still not necessarily feeling fit though."

"When was the last time you ate?"

I shrugged and wrapped the blanket around me like a cape.

"What do I know? At the show?"

"That doesn't count," Liam decided and I heard him mimic a choking sound, "besides, that was disgusting!"

"Mhh. Yeah," I made an approving noise and joined him in the kitchen. Liam raised an eyebrow when he saw my improvised coat.

"Something wrong?", I asked, grabbing a cup.

As I poured coffee, I looked challengingly at Liam.

"No, no, don't worry," Liam smirked and leaned against the cooker with his arms crossed. "The boys should be here any minute, by the way."

"What, already?", I asked, putting the post back on the countertop.

At the same time, an excited tingle ran through me at the thought of Niall finally being back in LA. We hadn't seen each other for a solid four weeks now. It was about time he came home again.

Liam frowned. "Yeah? What were you thinking? Do you actually have any idea how long you've been asleep?"

Now it was my turn to frown.

"No. Not really. What time is it?", I asked, pulling the blanket tighter around me with one hand while trying not to let anything spill out of my cup with the other.

 What time is it?", I asked, pulling the blanket tighter around me with one hand while trying not to let anything spill out of my cup with the other