Hurting

hey guys🥰

this one is like MAJOR fluff because i know some of y'all like that even though it kind of scares me but that's just the commitment issues talking😋😋

anyways, enjoy!!
—————————
"Draco! Can you hurry the fuck up? I've been waiting downstairs for at least 20 minutes!" I yell, as I open the door to the boys' room.

I hear shuffling but no response.

"Draco?" I call out, confusion apparent in my tone.

Still no response.

"I swear to god if you're hiding from me I will kill you. This project is due tomorrow and we have yet to start," I threaten, peaking my head through the door.

Silence.

"Fine, then. I'm coming in," I say, entering the dorm.

I hear sniffling.

I instantly notice Enzo's familiar tall figure sitting at his desk, his back facing me.

"Enzo?" I say quietly.

"Oh, hey Maria," He replies, only turning his head to face me for a moment.

More sniffling.

"Enzo, are you okay?" I ask, while inching closer toward him.

It sounded like he was crying.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I was now standing directly beside him.

I lifted his chin to face me, so that the two of us were now making direct eye contact. His eyes were red and watery. I knew it.

"Enzo, what's wrong?" I ask, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Nothing," He replied bluntly.

"Okay, well I'm not leaving until you tell me what's going on," I said in a more stern tone, as I pulled away from his warm grasp and crossed my arms over my chest definitively.

Lorenzo had been my best friend for as long as I could remember and in that time, I had never once seen him shed a single tear. No way in hell was I going to leave him here alone.

"You're so stubborn Maria," Enzo said, wiping his eyes.

"Keep it in your pants," I replied with a smile, in an effort to lighten the mood.

Lorenzo cracked a smile, and there he was. There was the typical happy boy that I knew and loved. But in an instant, he had vanished again.

"You always know how to make me feel better Maria," Lorenzo said, pulling my waist closer, so that I was now sitting on his lap.

I turned my head down toward him to make eye contact.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" I said warmly.

"I know and it isn't really a big deal, it's just... do you happen to know who Bellatrix Lestrange is?" Lorenzo asked.

"Of course I do, I mean everyone does. Isn't that Draco's aunt?"

"Yes, she is. Well, she also happens to be my..." Lorenzo started but trailed off.

"Carry on," I said, intrigue present in my voice.

"My mother. Bellatrix Lestrange is my mother."

I was shocked, but I tried my best to hide it. The last thing I wanted was for Enzo to regret confiding in me.

"She's your mother? Doesn't that make you and Draco-" I began.

"Cousins." He interrupted.

"Well," I was at a loss for words.

"She's evil. I despise her," Lorenzo said coldly, staring at the wood floor.

"And you have every right to, but I mean, surely that can't be the only reason that you're upset. I mean you've dealt with her as a mother your whole life and it's not like you have adopted any aspect of her personality. You're nothing like her," I babbled, searching for the right words to come, but they never did.

"You're right, that's not what's bothering me. I just... I'm scared. Scared of being a death eater."

"Lorenzo," I started to play with his hair gently, "You are never going to be one of them. Never," I said sternly.

It looked as if a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders.

The thought of Lorenzo crying over his fear of becoming a death eater made me feel sick to my stomach.

"But my mother, sh-" Lorenzo tried to elaborate but I could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"Listen to me Enzo, you are not your mother. Blood doesn't mean shit. Bellatrix is the definition of evil. You on the other hand, well you're the type of person that everyone looks up to," I began.

"You don't mean that," Lorenzo interrupted but I continued.

"Yes I do Enzo. Seriously. Draco, Blaise, Onyx, and I, we all look up to you in so many ways. You're our family. You're brave and you're smart and you're kind and loyal and y-"

Lorenzo stopped me. He cupped both of his hands around my face and pulled me into a passionate kiss.

We had hooked up before, drunkenly majority of the time, but this was different.

This felt real. It felt magical.

He pulled away.

"Damn Lorenzo, next time you can just tell me to shut up if I'm talking too much," I said sarcastically with a smile on my face.

"Maria, I- I think I love you," Lorenzo said, staring deeply into my eyes.

Holy shit.

"I think I love you too Enzo," I replied.

My heart felt full and with that, he pulled me into yet another surreal kiss.