003| DINNER FROM HELL

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come."
~ Joseph Campbell

" ~ Joseph Campbell

Chapter Three

Davina was walking down the baby aisle at Target the next day with no plan to buy anything but to browse. She was only five weeks pregnant and she kept telling herself that it was too early to buy anything especially since the chances of her having a miscarriage could still happen but that didn't stop her from going and looking at all the cute clothes and blankets.

Davina wanted nothing more than to have her first child be a little girl, all the cute little dresses and bows she could dress her daughter in and all the cute hair designs once she got older, she loved the idea of playing dress up and dolls with her daughter. She thought raising a girl would be easier especially since she herself was a girl and she could raise her and be her friend at the same time.

Davina wouldn't mind having a boy either, she loved the flannels and dark washed jeans that the baby boy clothings had but the idea of having a boy scared her more than it did than having a baby girl, for a girl she knew the basics it was different for the boys, she never had a younger sibling and all the cousins she's had were all girls so the dudes of a boy frightened her but so did a girl. Hell, having a baby in general scared the hell out of her.

Davina picked up a simple grey blanket that was unisex, it had white elephants on it and was super soft to the touch. She ran her right hand down the front of it loving how soft it felt and smiled as she looked at the price tag.

15.75. Holy shit, why so damn much?

Davina held the blanket to her chest chewing on her bottom lip something that she did out of pure habit when she's thinking or anxious, something that her therapist also reminded her every time she went to her sessions during her high school years that it was a form of self harm.

Davina told herself that she was only looking and that she didn't need anything quiet yet but she was loving how soft the blanket was and the little elephants that decorated the blanket were adorable and couldn't help but slightly want it for her baby, it worked as a unisex so whether her baby ended up being a girl or boy they could enjoy the blanket and if they don't like it then Davina could enjoy it for herself.

Liking her decision, Davina continued down the aisle looking at all that was offered, she grabbed a set of plain light yellow and white bibs for five dollars and placed them on top of the blanket figuring if she's already buying a blanket she might as well buy a thing of bibs. Next, she looked over at the pacifiers her eyes landing and on the simple green rubber ones that the hospital gave when the baby is first born and picks one of them from the shelf placing it with the items in her arms.