022 | MISERABLE AT BEST

"It's hard to turn the page when you know someone won't be in the next chapter, but the story must go on."

~ Thomas Wilder

Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Davina may have not known Liz for a long period of time but her death did take an emotional toll on Davina the rest of the week.

Davina hadn't checked on Julien or his father after she had died, he was discharged before her next shift at the hospital again and she wasn't going to search up the address to send flowers so instead she went on with her life and put Liz at the back of her mind.

Davina felt bad especially since she had enjoyed her time talking to Liz and being her nurse for that short period of time, she really wasn't going to be somebody that Davina was going to forget that was for sure.

Maria had told her that she was surprised that Davina hadn't gotten scared for her own labor by Liz's story but Davina didn't want to use somebody else's experience effect the mindset that she had when it was finally time for her.

She wanted to have a smooth, stressful free labor and the only way she could have that was if she went in having a clear mindset and let nature take its course.

"Davina?"

Davina looks away from the busy street and back to Amelia who was raising an eyebrow at her in questioning as they sat at one of the tables at one of the small cafes that Amelia showed her.

"Sorry, did you say something?" Davina asked sitting up clearing her throat, her brain felt foggy like it always did when she disassociated.

Amelia shook her head scratching the back of her arm. "No, you just seemed lost and sad, I just wanted to make sure that you were okay."

Davina smiled nodding her head. "I'm okay, I just keep thinking about Liz, I feel terrible."

Amelia gave Davina a understanding smile completely knowing what she was going through, she had experienced her own situation similar to Davina with a patient of her own but it was back when she was a CNA not when she was a labor and delivery nurse.

"That's fully understandable but she's in a better place." Amelia said trying her best to cheer Davina up.

Davina knew that Amelia was right but it didn't feel right to her. Liz should be alive right now spending time with her husband and her daughter that was just born, she was ripped from something that she had always wanted and that wasn't fair.