End of the Day

TONI POV:

I look over at Maria. She looks at me. "Mommy's song!" She says excitedly. "What?" I ask quietly. She points to the radio. I look it. "Oh my god!" I smile. She smiles widely. "You played this the other day!" She says. "Yeah!" I say quietly.

I walk into the dressing room. Cheryl immediately pulls on my sweatshirt. "I heard from the adoption center." She says quietly. I look at her. "They found someone, who is willing to give us her baby. But we'll have to wait a while, she's like 2 months pregnant." I nod. "I'm ok with waiting." I say quietly. "We should head to the tour bus." I say. We go out and get swarmed by paparazzi. "How does it feel knowing you're wife is clearly more successful than you?" Some guy ask, knowing what they're trying to say I stop Cheryl from answering. "It's amazing, my wife is amazing and is my best friend and I couldn't have asked for a better person to be with." I say. "Is Maria already there?" I ask quietly. "Yeah. Fangs is on  there waiting. I didn't want her to deal with all of this." She says quietly. We get to the bus and go on. Maria runs up to me. I pick her up. "Let's get you ready for bed." I say quietly. She smiles. I get her ready for bed and she quickly falls asleep. I walk over to Cheryl. "Fangs is on the other bus with the band, it's just us now." She says quietly. "How about we go to bed? I'm tired." I wink. She jumps into my arms and we go into the back room that's considered our bedroom on the bus. "I'm still worried she's gonna fall out." I whisper. "She's on the bottom bunk! She's an inch off the ground, she won't notice until she gets stepped on or wakes up." She says taking off my shirt. "You sure?" She nods. "Ok." I say kissing her neck. I lie her on the bed and we have a great night. Weirdly the bus ride makes it better. I roll over and look at Cheryl. "How are we going to tell Maria that she's gonna be a big sister?" I ask quietly. "Well, she knows but she doesn't know that it's now actually happening." She whispers. She kisses me. I pull her onto my lap and kiss her. "Well?" I ask quietly. "Maybe we could like sit her down and tell her or you fan just tell her because as annoying as it is you do it best." I look at her. "We were supposed to talk to Maria about your dad and you just told her." She whispers. "Oh yeah. It just happened." She nods. "I figured." She whispers rapping her arms around me. There's a knock on the door. "I can't sleep." Maria says quietly. "On second baby." I say as we both get up and put something on. I open the door. "What's wrong?" I ask picking her up. She just lies into me. "Do you want to go watch tv?" She shakes her head. "Ok." I whisper. "Let's just go back to your bed for a bit." I say quietly. We slowly walk to the bunk beds and into the living area. I just walk around slowly and gently rub her back. I feel her forehead and she's definitely not sick. I realize she's asleep and put her in her bed. I tuck her in. I kiss her forehead and walk into the backroom. "You up for more?" I ask closing the door. "Not really." Cheryl says quietly. I nod. "Ok." I smile. I sit down on the bed. "What was keeping her up?" I shrug. "She fell asleep almost immediately." She smile. "Maybe it's everything with your dad." She says quietly. "Probably." I say quietly.

I walk into the stage. "Maddison Square Garden." I whisper in shock. "You were literally here a year ago." Cheryl says. "It's still unreal." I say quietly. "Your parents would be proud." She says quietly. I look at her. "I don't want mess it up this time." I whisper. She nods. "You didn't the first times but I know what you mean." She says rubbing my back. I look at her. "I should get sound check started." I say quietly. She kisses me and hands me my guitar. "Do you have a name for that?" She ask quietly. "Paul." She smiles. "You're so weird." She whispers. I smile. "Yeah!" She pulls me into a kiss. "I love you no matter how weird you are." She looks at me. "I love you no matter how many times you roll your eyes at me."

I look over at Cheryl watching me perform. You know, in this room full of people my eyes aways go straight to her. I smile. "I love you!" I mouth. She smiles and motions for me to go back to the audience. I look out at the audience. I smile. "Hi." I say awkwardly. "Ah! I forgot I was on stage for a second. You can thank Cheryl." I say. I wink at her and start playing my guitar. "His name is Paul." I say quietly. "I thought it would be funny." The audience laughs a little.

I walk off stage and immediately go to Cheryl. She pulls me into a kiss. "You're all sweaty." She says quietly. "Maybe we can take a shower together baby." I say quietly. "Maybe." She smiles. "We have another hour before we leave." I say quietly. We go into my dressing room and immediately start making out. "God you're amazing." I whisper. She kisses my neck as she unbuttons my shirt. I pick her up and bring her into the bathroom. I put her on the counter and start the shower. We make out and take off our clothes while we wait for the shower to warm up. She looks at me. "What?"
I ask smiling. "I love you so much." She whispers. I smile. "I love you too so much." She pulls me into a kiss. There's a knock on the door. "Toni! There's some people who want to talk to you." My manager says through the door. I groan. "Can I take a shower?" I ask.