To eat or to smear?

I arrived at restaurant venue, the place was elite & posh. The guy must be rich for forcefully inviting at such a classy place.

With my head upheld high, I walked up to the reception counter.

Before I could utter a world, the manager arrived & welcomed me with a smile. He showed me the way to a private dinner hall with a table for 2 arrangements in the centre, where already there were a few couples enjoying their meal.

I slightly felt uncomfortable & nauseas. Too much of love in the air for me to digest. God, just save me from this evening.

***

I saw her talking to herself in disapproval, does that mean she didn't like the arrangements? No way! Let the food arrive, then we'll see.

Giving myself a last pep talk, I went up behind her & tapped on her shoulder to which she looked up at me with a side glance.

She stared at me in confusion, she slowly knitted her brows together, then her eyes went wide in recognition. Yup, she remembers me from the mall clash.

"You?!" -she yelled & rose up from her seat.

Due to her loud voice, everyone present in the hall stared at us in puzzlement.

She realized when felt the uncomfortable gazes on us & started whisper yelling.

"You freak! You were there right when I was searching for my phone?! Then why I didn't you give me then?! -she asked in a dangerous lower tone.

"If I had told you, then you wouldn't have come here right?" -I smirked at her to she gave an eye roll.

"Give it back!" -she ordered by forwarding her palm.

I took it as an opportunity to pull her close to me which I did and held her waist close to my body and her hands went up to rest on my shoulders.

When she gave me a shocked angry glares I just kept analyzing her expressions. Within seconds I heard myself shriek in pain with all the perplexed gazes back on us.

Damn, she stomped on my foot with her 6 inch pencil heel!

I quickly plastered a fake smile and whispered yelled back at her.

"Listen, let's not create a scene. It's a beautiful evening, let's just enjoy the dinner in peace & I'll give you back your phone & who knows, you might ask for something more."

She glared me icily and just sat on her seat with an annoyed look.

I called up the waiter to bring out the delicacies that I had planned to be served for us.

***

I felt my stomach growling once the dishes had been placed on our table. No matter how much I was irritated, I couldn't say no to good food & torture my empty tummy.

My mouth watered at the sight of Balsamic and Citrus-Braised Lamb Shanks with Whipped Parsnip Purée. The nutty-sweet aroma of the parsnips pairs perfectly with rich and meaty lamb shanks in this luxurious dinner for two.

Without giving it a second thought, I dug on my plate. But of course, how can I forget my table manners. Sigh

Once I adjusted the cloth on my lap, I attacked the food in a subtle sophisticated way.

***

She wasn't speaking a word, let alone looking at me. At this pace, I will become a toothless grandpa. I cleared my throat for some attention, but in vain.

Although, she did not lift her gaze at all. Giving up, I signed the waiter to bring out the most expensive & exquisite wine. Screaming Eagle Cabernet 1992.

She stared at it as if it was nothing new to her. God, she's difficult to impress.

I served us both a glass & raised mine in air for a toast but she pulled her glass back immediately, shook a little & took slow little sips of the wine.

My jaws dropped at the sight. Had she been drinking all her life or what?

I shook myself out of my thoughts & my ears were welcome by soft piano & violin notes.

Maybe a dance won't hurt. Right? I rose from my seat, bent a little on her side with my hand asking her for a ballad.

She stared at it for two seconds & gave me a smile which I felt was overdue but at least she did.

***

I placed my hand in his & he led the way to centre of the hall. Seeing us, few couples joined us as well. Great, won't be feeling uncomfortable after all.

We kept swaying as the notes went higher, I didn't realize since how long we had been gazing at each other soon the tempo switched from slow dancing to a fast paced salsa.

Aggression & intensity oozing from ourselves, with the whistles & applauds, I found myself back into the reality & pushed him away.

***

At the end of the dance, she pushed me away as if I had burnt her. With a look of disgust she distanced herself away & walked back to our table.

I followed her back, once reached she demanded for her phone to be returned.

Just then the waiter arrived with our dessert, a plate of cheese & chocolate fondue with fruits & ice cream on the side.

Realizing that it'll be best to return the device & keep the calm so that we can enjoy the confection.

Once I handed over the small black machine, I held her hand with a smile & suggested to sit back on our seats when out of nowhere, the chocolate fondue landed on my face & slowly dripped over my clothes. WTF?!

***

I was so pissed that I just poured the entire fondue vessel on him.

"Dare you touch me again." -I yelled, couldn't care less with the audience we had.

"What do you think, by harassing a girl, arranging an overwhelming dinner, having a close dance, you'll me off my feet? Puh-lease. I've seen plenty dorks like you. Believe me, you're no better." -I mocked.

"Next time you try to play your advances towards me, just remember that girls are armed with plenty of stuff without having a weapon." -I warned.

"Also, don't bother contacting me since I've deleted my number from your device & don't worry, yours will be blocked too." -I threw his mobile back at him which he caught with a single hand.

And with that I retreated with style & elegance, leaving the loser on his own.

A little bit of sweetness can drown out a whole lot of bitterness.

~*Happy Chocolate Day!*~

@SarafWasima