Embrace the emotion

We were having a joyful breakfast, I've never had such an amazing conversation over food with a girl before. Kriya was surely different from all girls I've dated so far.

"So what do you?" -I asked him as I was keen on knowing him better.

"I flirt. Kidding. I am a student & part time dance trainer at St-Louis College. Although, my friends & I are pretty keen on starting our own academy once we complete our graduation. What about you?"

"I'm planning to move to New York after studies, my aunt & uncle have been pestering me to take up New York Dance Academy's scholarship."

"And your parents?" -he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Mom has no issues, Dad, he's just too involved in business to care what I do." -I said that in a low tone.

***

I stare at her, her smile which was glowing her face started to fade.

"Hey, come on, let's not spoil our mood."

"Last time you spoiled the desert for us, how about we grab some ice cream."

She gave a nod in agreement & I paid the bill, soon we left the diner & walked by foot to the nearest ice cream shop.

***

He bought us ice creams to cheer me up. We chatted for some time while I ate my melting ice cream.

"Eat properly!" -he said while laughing on my face.

Yeah, I tend to savour it like a child and make a mess.

He gave me a napkin to wipe my face & stared at me while I did.

I knew he knew that I felt his gaze over me. Although we didn't react & just smiled.

***

I dropped her off at her place, we didn't hug while bidding bye. It felt too early.

Don't know how we spent the rest of the day just like that.

***

At night, I was sitting on the window side & staring at the moon.

Thinking about how I came across Rey, our misunderstandings, interactions.

Seemed too good to be true, I sighed & hugged myself.

"What have you gotten yourself into K.?"

***

Like that, our casual dates became more frequent. We were getting more comfortable around each other. Hugging & holding hands seemed platonic to us.

Today too was a regular day, when I came to meet Kriya.

I rang the doorbell only to be greeted by the maid. Her expressions weren't like the usual endearing one. My first thought was about Kriya's well being.

"Is Kriya alright?" -I asked in a panic.

The maid tried to speak, but closed her mouth immediately & just pointed towards the room inside.

Fear crept in my heart & I ran like a bullet train into the room.

It was looking like a tornado had hit the place, a broken vase, shelf, mirror.... I could only think about the worst possibility.

I looked around to find Kriya crouched at the end of the bedside.

I ran up to her & cupped her face in my hands.

She was crying inconsolably & I felt like taking away her pain.

She hugged me tight & sobbed till she was able to talk.

"She's gone Rey, mom's gone!" -I spoke & wept again.

She was holding a blue cashmere scarf close to her chest. I assumed it to be her mother's. Oh Kriya.

I hugged her tight & soon she fell into slumber.

I cannot wrap my love for you in a box, but I can warp you in my arms to let you know how deeply I love you.

~*Happy Hug Day!*~

@SarafWasima