CHAPTER 3

THE DARK SIDE OF YOUR DREAMS

~•~

He gazed at me with a deeply look like he was trying to know what was going on my thoughts. I didn't know how to start a conversation without making a fool of myself.

—So, can I know your name? —. I insisted on that again.

—If I'm not mistaken I remember we made a deal, didn't we?

—How do you pretend I call you?

—I don't know, deal with it. Can you come with me? —He extended his right hand inviting me to move on. I only looked at him —Don't turn me down. Let's go.

—I'm gonna go after you —I said. He smiled and walked ahead.

—When do you pretend set off? It's a dream, do I have to wait for a buss? —. I asked sarcastically.

—Don't jump to conclusions. There are some rules you must follow if you really wanna set off and find out how I am.

—Tell me!! —I raised my voice.

—Calm down! Your dreams will be the lesson for your life, see your life like your test. At the same time, you can't talk to anyone about me or this. If you do that, I'll disappear... I'll simply get out of your life. Don't ask me anything, you'll understand everything when you'll have finished your journey. Do you agree?

—We're supposed to make a good journey. We had better get along since now.

He smirked —. Ok, I love the idea to share with you the keys of life. Let's get started dear Yi-Soo but before, look at this.

I walked closer to him. He was holding a little golden coffer —Every night, you'll choose a key, that one will open a door. The lesson of your dream, do you wanna start now?

I looked into his eyes, he was so strange, I can't believe I could be aware about my own dream and my decisions like I was living this moment. Wait, am I living this?

His sight seemed to be pure, my heard beat quickly, he wasn't a bad energy, i can't say he's a person but... I can feel his angelical energy.

—Let's do that! —. He opened the little coffer and I saw around 10 keys, they were different from each other, I looked at him waiting for his approval to take one of them. He told me I could take whichever. I did it.

—I've chosen this one —I put the key in front of his eyes. He took it from my hand.

—Good election. Come with me. —He requested me.

I followed him. We started to walk through a hall. There were many doors, we didn't walk much until he stopped in front of a black door.

—Are you ready?

I nodded. He opened the door, my eyes widened when I came into the room. I was inside of the most famous library of South Korea. Starfield library.

We were alone. Nobody was with us.

— What's it? —i asked perplexed

He stopped beside me —you'll learn something of this place. Let's go —once again, I followed him. He was smiling while looking at different books.

—What are waiting for? —. He asked me without looking at me.

—I... I... Don't know... What should I do?

—Go for a book... Wait, first of all... Do you love reading?

Me cheeks burned out —No...i don't know— I answered guilty.

—I knew it. Go for a book. You'll come back when you'll have decided to read a book, okay? —He walked off me. I can't believe this.

I started to watch every shelve, I got angry when I realized I didn't know how to choose a book. I didn't have much time so I started to figure out the kind of books I'd choose... Until I saw the cover of a book. It caught my attention magically. That book seemed to be "classic"
"The count of Monte cristo"

On the cover a sword seemed to welcome me. I opened the book, I read the synopsis, I suddenly fell in love with the story and felt exited to read more. I sat down on the ground, it doesn't matter where I was.

I don't know how much time I spent reading this book. The book had 700 pages and I achieved to read the first 20 pages. I was mesmerized for every detail in this story. I could even believe i was living there.

—Have you finally found a book? —someone asked me.

I got up instantly —What?

—Is that book that you've chosen?

—Oh, i believe so...

He smiled again. I don't know how it's possible to smile so genuinely as he used to smile. He's so perfect... Hold on, What am I saying?

—It' s time to come back

—Could i know what I'm supposed to learn from this place?

—Tomorrow you'll understand. That was the deal, wasn't it?

 That was the deal, wasn't it?

(Image made by Salud García)