- Ties Severed Over Petals -

His Jade eyes were piercing. You could practically feel a spear stabbing into your heart. You froze in place, turning into stone under his stare. His gaze was breathtaking, quite literally. You were barely able to breathe from fear. You tried to open your mouth and say something, but no words came out. Only a small whisp of air escaped your lips.
Xiao turned, his back facing you.
You were confused.
Why was he so uncomfortable showing his face now of all times? It's not like you haven't seen His face before. He'd actually rarely let you not see at his face since he would only dawn the Signature Yaksha mask during battles.
He slowly walked away from you and slowly perched on top of the wood railing. His head tilted up slightly to look at the moon, the shadows covering his face from view.

"If there is nothing, I will take my leave." He called to you, giving you one final chance to say something to him.

"Wait!"

You stumbled over to him, but he pushed you back with a gust of wind. Your hands were placed against your chest in sadness.
What had you done to anger him?
Was it just because of the forced summon?
Was he just in a bad mood or was it the sudden realization of your pitiful existence?

"What is it. Speak."
His words were sharp as ice. You could feel the coldness in his words.

You reached one of your hands out towards him in an attempt to get through to him but pulled back when you saw him stiffen.

Your eyes filled with tears.

"Why...?" Your voice was broken and bleak. He could hear the desperation in your voice. Timid, and shaken. It pained his existence to have to do this to you, but until he figured out what was happening, he couldn't let you see him like this.

"Clarify." He sneered in a harsher tone than w]he intended. He heard you audibly winced and shrunk a bit. Breaking his sensitive heart.

"Why.. are you avoiding me?" Your voice sounded like a cry. A cry for help. He could sense the distress in you. It was so obvious and so painful to watch.

"I have no obligation to tell you such information. I also gave you that pendant for emergency uses only, and yet you abuse the power I so generously gave you? Are you mortals all the same?" His voice was filled with anger and a lack of patience. You gripped the Jade pendant harder, holding onto it as if it were your lifeline. You didn't want to lose It. You couldn't bear the thought of losing all ways to contact Xiao. It hurt you too much.
Xiao saw how tightly you were gripping at the necklace, and he sighed to himself. He didn't want to strip you of the precious item either. He knew how much it grew on you, and how much you cared for such an item. He wanted anything but to shatter you more than you were already. But he was hoping if he did, you would avoid him for a while.
Despise him even.
He reached out his hand in front of him and snapped. The Jade pendant teleporting back to its rightful master. He slung it around his neck gave you one last warning before he teleported away.

"You don't deserve this."

Your world practically crumpled at that second. Everything you've worked so hard to build came crashing down on you. Burying you alive in the shadows of the void. You were suffocating. Your knees bucked as you fell to the floor. Body slamming into the hardwood as tears slid down your cheek raining onto the wood below you. And slowly, your eyes became a river. An ocean. Of salt, bitterness, and sorrow. Your heart ached, and you didn't know why. You'd never exactly made friends with the Adeptus, only visited him every day because you understood his loneliness. But a bond was formed, whether you realized it or not.

Have all those happy times been for nothing?

You'd been with The Adeptus for so many dreadful, as well as moonlit days... and suddenly he wants to disconnect everything from you? It doesn't make any sense.
Xiao... Why? You thought, beginning to calm yourself down from the crying session, trying to reason out the situation.
   You knew he was currently being strangely secretive. Not letting you step close to him, not revealing his face, not even speaking to you that much. He was also being oddly threatening and cold towards you. Even on bad days, he was never like this. At the beginning maybe, but through the time you've spent together, even on bad days he would just say "I'm busy, don't bother me" or "What did you summon me for?" He was never this cold. Never This distant. It was almost like he was purposely trying to be this way. Trying to drive you away. But why?