001 | shiver me timbers

chapter one : shiver me timbers !

"so... what do you
want, saiki?"

there had to be reason for him wanting to meet y/n here on top of pk academy's roof; in fact they already knew the reason, they just wanted saiki to admit it himself.

the pink-haired student didn't say anything at first, the tall teen leaning against the rails with his arms crossed and lips pursed. y/n found it hard to get a read on his mind in this moment.

but even if saiki was closed off, the sight almost made them chuckle; this was the most emotion y/n had seen him display in their 10 minutes at the school.

"are you a physic?"

ah, yes. he was straight to the point and y/n didn't expect nothing less from saiki. y/n shrugged their blazered shoulders - maybe they would play with him a little.

"perhaps," they said out loud. y/n took a large step forward with their confident words. "but wouldn't that be amazing... what makes you think so?"

"don't waste my time, l/n," saiki answered. he wanted to move y/n back with his powers, just a slight gust of wind to blow them away a few inches... but they didn't budge. it was like the weather had no affect on them.

the corners of his lips tilted downwards. he hated how nonchalant y/n was being in this situation; they had powers like him for christs sake!

"you can speak, you know?" y/n smirked, "you know my secret and i know yours. there's no need for the silence."

kusuo rolled his eyes. "you're extremely annoying."

surprise overtook y/n's features, their mouth falling agape in a pleasant shock. they didn't expect him to actually speak. sure, y/n had heard his deep voice in their head but hearing it aloud didn't sound too bad either.

"why, thank you."

his words filled their head, words that reacted to ones y/n thought they had control of.

one could only stay so cool for so long, the realisation that saiki heard their compliment both embarrassed and irritated them and their peer noticed immediately.

a short agonising silence was followed by a simple statement.

"don't mess up the calm i've worked so hard to create," saiki threatened, "because you will regret it."

"oh, shiver me timbers," y/n replied, "you won't do shit."

saiki hummed and stepped forward, his tall frame in front of y/n as he leaned down beside their ear.

"don't tempt me."