Chapter 5: The Room of Judgement

*Knock *knock.

"May I come in, sir?" With my heart beating like drum, I managed to say that.

Dum...dum...dum.. that's my heart beat. I was just praying that they wouldn't hear it. I didn't want them to think that I have no confident. I am confident! It's just my first job interview and who wouldn't be nervous on their first time.

I walked in with small steps and bowed 90 degree as they permitted me to come in. There were 5 interviewers in total. They looked so skilled and professional. On the table in front of them, there were papers and other stuffs. The interview didn't have much furniture, just some impotant ones that were necessary. In the corner of the room, there was a vase kept giving the room a decent look.

Seeing me standing still, probably they thought me as a weirdo. The person wearing golden frame glasses in the middle who was in his 40s mouthed a sit down. I quickly sitted myself on the chair and thanked him. Not wanting to make the atmosphere more awkward than it already was, I tried to smile a little. But they didn't seem to be convinced much.

Oh God.... I don't wanna get embarassed in front of them!! Please help me. I was repeating those word inside myself.

The woman beside the man earlier who was looking much friendly than him asked me, "Is this your first time to interview?"

"Yes, mam" I somehow managed to say.

"I guessed it by your face though. Don't be nervous. It's nothing. Just have a friendly conversation with us." Though I didn't know her personally, her smily face and sweey words calmed me.

"Please introduce yourself." Another man said.

I started, " I am Lee Hyera. I am a graduate of Seoul Nation University, Management Department..........."

"Thank you. Can I see your documents?" The man sitting right asked.

"Sure." I gave the documents I was holding like a precious treasure till now.

"As you have applied for the Public Relation Department of Bighit Entertainment, what is your opinion about it? Why do you want to do it?" The interviewer with glasses in the middle witha scary face asked. Probably he was with highest ranked here.

I wetted my lips and got ready to answer gathering all my confident, "I want to give my all for this company's welfare and want be part of building awareness and creating a positive image in business.....*bla bla...." I continued.

Next they asked me so many questions and God knows from where I got so much confident that I answered almost all the questions perfectly. I am not exaggerating, even I was surprised.

Everyone in the room was satisfied with my answer except for one. Mr. Hwang, the man who was scaring the shit out of me with his black death glares from the first, wasn't somehow pleased with me. But I couldn't figure out exactly which one of my activity he didn't like.

He asked, "Are you connected with any fanbase of our artists or do you listen to them?"

It was a tricky question. I knew it was coming. Of course they have to care for the artists privacy. And it wasn't safe to hire any fans. But even though I am a fan, I didn't came here with any bad intention or anything that I know would harm anyone of them. I sincerely came here to work. But if I say that loud, they won't take it easily.

"Of course I do listen to every artists works. They are incredibly talented. It would be a great pleasure for me to be able work for them." I said not trying to make them offended.

"But you know what, you don't hire fans." This time he was straight forward.

I gulped a little, "Sir, if you say that, I must say what is the definition of fan. Those who support a particular group or idol no matter what situation it is, stays up to date about, care for them are fans. In that case, the workers here are more of a fan that the people out there."

I had more to say that if my intentions were to meet and get closer to idols, I would've applied for some other departments, not the one that has the least interactions with the idols. But I refrained myself when I saw Mr. Hwang's red face. That's when I knew I fucked up with those rude words. I am a short tempered person and I showed them my this side. It was a room of judgement and I already showed my worst side and I knew the judgement coming against my will.

The atmosphere was heavy. To lighten it a little, Ms. Lim, the sweet woman beside the red faced devil, said, "Um... Ms. Lee, thanks for sharing you opinion. You can go now. If you pass this level, you'll be notified bu email." She tried to smile and handed me my file of documents. I stood up and bowed and with a "Thank you" I got out of the heavy aired room.

The moment I stepped out, I felt like drowing in the deep dark ocean and kept falling and falling down. The day I've been waiting for, the interview, I messed it all. Without looking any other way, I straight got out of the building.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

~~In the room~~

As soon as Hyera got out, Mr. Hwang, the man with the glasses and now red face said, "She's out."

"Wait wait. Think a little more before cancelling her." Ms. Lim tried to protest.

"There's nothing to think. First, she is new to this with no experience. Second, she is young to handle any situation. Third, she is rude. Forth and the most important, she is a fan, maybe ARMY. I don't want to take any risk." He explained.

"You got points. But think it from another direction." Another man named Mr. Choi said. "She is young, but still mature enough than other aged person. She might be new, but she got skills. Maybe, after some time, she'll be a skilled one. And she's got language skills. Korean, Japanese, English, French..."

"And most importantly, she's honest. Anyone would say that they're not fans to get the job. But she was straightforward. I think that's what we can trust about her." Ms. Lim added with him.

"Ms. Song, another interviewer, added with them, "Besides her educational degrees are much satisfying."

"So you're all gonna take her side?" Mr. Hwang was angry and disappointed in his co workers.

"I know the head professor of Management of Seoul Nation University. I can ask him about her. What do you guys say?" Mr. Choi suggested.

"Fine. Do whatever you want. Anyway, she's not gonna survive in the next level." Mr. Hwang murmured.

"Ask for the next person. We're running late." They continued their work.

***

(To be continued)