Chapter 7: The Long Awaited Email

Cringg... cringgg...

I swear this alarm clock is the most annoying thing ever to exist. Once it starts screaming, it goes on for an eternity.

Finally I flipped my eyeleads open once I punched my alarm clock. I took some time to process who am I and what is happening around me. It turns out I am still Hyera and nothing special is happening except for the fact that today was the day Bighit gonna send an email. I almost jumped out of my bed.

I wasn't fully confident about the result after I fucked up the interview. Still I was excited.

I freshened up and had my breakfast. I had nothing to do today excext for waiting for an email. So I decided to visit Aera's training institute of fasion design.

I put on a casual sweater and jeans. Taking my laptop, I went out.

*

"Girlll, I didn't expect you here today. Isn't it the day today!?" Aera bursted with joy as soon as she saw me.

"Yes. I hope I don't need to tell you how nervous I am today."

"Don't worry you don't. Fortunately I know you too well. But your nervous ass won't bring you luck."

I knownshe's right. But I can't stop this tension. I was my first interview ever. And I was at my dream place.

"You are lucky I'm free today. Let me take you to the cafetoria." She dragged me there and ordered some drinks.

"Do you wanna see I made some new designs?" She opened her phone and started showing her some of her designs. I must say she is so talented. Who knows maybe one day, ger designes will be used in idol's fasion.

"Listen, after you get the job I'm gonna select you some official attires, ok? And I'll do it for free because you are a stupid friend of mine." I joked.

"Calm down, Let me get the job first. Then it come later. I'm not even expecting the job after what I did there." I said.

"Naah. I know you'll get it. I am confident." She is more excited that I am. She has always been like this. I don't why, I'm still expecting a good result. Maybe because of her positive energy.

Right at this moment, a ting sound from caught our ears. I looked at my laptop. And yes, it is what you think it is! It is the email from Bighit Entertainment!

"A-aera-..." I somehow let out.

"Is that it??" Her voice trembled too. I nodded.

"You open it. I can't."

"Why me?? Ughh..ok."

I closed my eyes tightly not wanting to hear again wanting it.

But I heard nothing. She was silent. Why??? I slowly opened my eyes to look at her. She was biting her lips. More like contemplating how to tell the news.

"Hyera..." The unsureness of her voice told me everything. She was about to cry. But I had to stay strong.

"It's ok. It's fine. I wasn't expecting it anyway." I showed her smile.

"I'm so sorry. I-"

"My treat today. Order what you wanna eat."

The result was expected. It was only me who expected more that the deed. I literally insulted the main interviewer and how can I still expect something good from it. It's ok. There is always next time.

*

I came home after hanging out from Aera and opened my laptop once again to see the email by myself.

"....You are not accepted...."

There were so many writings yet only these letters caught my eyes. I closed my laptop. I have seen what I needed to see. But something kept bugging my mind.

My mood wasn't the best right then so to cheer up I pressed the remote control of my tv and play some video of BTS moments. Believe me or not, it always helps. I never get bored of watching these clips all over again. Be it Jimin's having no jams by Namjoon or Hobi's love for hamburger and sprite or Namjoon's skills for cutting onions or Jungkook's night apple theory, it feels new everytime.

Just when I was staring at Jungkook's flying in Euphoria, Wembly concert, I got another notifications. Being very annoyed I looked at the screen. It says Bighit Entertainment??? What was it?? About what again???

I opened the email.

"We are very sorry for the technical malfuctional issues of the company. If you have gotten any emails before, please consider it......"

I didn't need to read it more. Soon after, I got another email from the account. And guess what it was.....!!!

"Congratulations! You have successfully passed the 1st round for the interview of Public Relation Department of Bighit Entertainment. The final round will be held on xx.xx. Wait for the next email for further information."

I didn' know what to think or what to feel. I was excited that I unknowingly let out a little shout. Wasn't it a miracle that I got accepted for the first ever interview in my life even when I messed everything up!

Wait up! I wasn't supposed to get accepted! How the fuck did I- naah that's not my worry. All I know that I'm going for the next round in two days!

*

"So she is coming for the next round huh?" Mr. Hwang asked his fellow workers.

"I did a background check on her. We couldn't get A better perticipant of this. And we talked about it right?" Mr. Choi replied.

"The next round would be hard. Let's see if she survives." Ms Lim said.

"Choosing ten from hundreds was quite hard. Choosing three from ten won't be much harder." Mr Choi exclaimed. Tired for last few day's hard work.

"We are done for today. Take a good rest for tomorrow." Mr. Hwang wrapped up and bade his coworkers.

(To be continued)