Chapter 1

April 20

                         Bakugo's POV:

        I woke up that morning like any other. Today was my sixteenth birthday but to me it was any other monday. The sky was grey and cloudy, as if it might rain. I threw on a hoodie and jeans and walked downstairs. I grabbed breakfast before my mother called for me. "Katsuki come here please, I've got something for you."

               I walked towards my mom who was sitting on the couch. In her hand was a small black ring box. I opened it, it was my soulmate ring. I looked at the little gem sitting nicely in the silver band. The red ruby gem shimmered in the light. I pulled the ring out and examined it. "What did I know so far?" I thought to myself. "Whoever my soulmate is identifies as male and was born in July".

               I kept looking at the ring in disbelief. I actually had a soulmate, maybe they would actually like me. I had so many friends but none seemed to understand the pain of feeling that you might not have a soulmate. I know it is silly to think in a world where you are assigned someone to love that they would mess up and you wouldn't get one. Only point one percent of the population doesn't have a soulmate. I continued to look at the ring and eventually found the inscribed numbers representing my soulmates date of birth. "15".

                I was determined to find them as soon as possible but I had to go to school today. I arrived at the school and was greeted by my group of friends. Tsuyu and Shoto already had their rings. Shoto's was a silver band with an opal gem and a 16 inscribed on the inside. Tsu's ring was also silver with an opal gem but hers had a 30 inscribed on the side. The rest of the group was still waiting to turn 16. I showed them mine and we all came to the conclusion that I knew no one with a birthday on July fifteenth but that didn't mean I had lost all hope. I knew one day somehow I would find my soulmate.