Chapter 20

October 31

Katsuki’s POV

    With Artemis’ first birthday this month, Izuku and I decided it was time to try for another baby. I was able to go back to work in early May. I climbed my way to the top of the hero charts, becoming the number two pro hero. Izuku still remained in the top spot. When we talked about having a second baby Izuku quickly offered. He said it was because he wanted to have the same connection as I had with Arte, but really I think it’s because he didn’t want me to be in pain. 

    It had been two weeks since Izuku had the procedure done and there was still no word on him being pregnant. I wasn’t going to let that ruin my favorite holiday though. Our costumes this year suggested that Izuku wear a poodle skirt and white shirt with saddle shoes. I was going to wear a highschool sports jacket with jeans. Izuku said he already had Arte’s matching costume so I didn’t question it when he told me to go outside while they got ready. 

    After about a half hour Izuku came outside with Arte. Something was off, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. I held Arte so Izuku could get the picture he had requested. He held the camera and said “Three….Two…. One say Izuku’s pregnant!”

    I said the words trying to get them to register in my brian. Then I realized what he had just said. I put Arte down and ran up to him. That’s what was different, he was glowing. I picked him up by the waist and spun in a circle  before setting him down. I pulled him in and kissed him. He smiled knowing how much this meant to him and I. We were really going to have another baby.

    After taking our time trick or treating, we brought Artemis home and put him to bed. Izuku and I laid on the couch together, me holding him against my chest. I rubbed his belly and he smiled big. “I hope for a baby girl” I whispered as we both dozed off on the couch.